Hey everyone,

Here is something that is driving me nuts. At work, I have my Blackberry on the "Vibrate Only" setting - but I still get the same-sounding audio alert for the following:

- when I miss a call
    - when I end a call
    - when I turn off the camera (starting the camera makes no noise)
    - when I change options while in Camera mode
    - when I close the Voice Notes recorder

Even if I change every profile alert setting to "None", or if I change my phone profile to "Off", I still get these audio sounds. I assume it is a Blackberry general "end application" sound. How do I turn these off? They aren't listed in the Profiles section....

Any help is appreciated! Cheers!
    12-10-08 03:57 PM
    That doesnt' make sense to me. On any mode you select you should be able to change the settings. So even the "loud mode" could become a silent mode.
    What sound does it make, does it vibrate?
    12-10-08 04:05 PM
    Hey everyone,

Here is something that is driving me nuts. At work, I have my Blackberry on the "Vibrate Only" setting - but I still get the same-sounding audio alert for the following:

- when I miss a call
    - when I end a call
    - when I turn off the camera (starting the camera makes no noise)
    - when I change options while in Camera mode
    - when I close the Voice Notes recorder

Even if I change every profile alert setting to "None", or if I change my phone profile to "Off", I still get these audio sounds. I assume it is a Blackberry general "end application" sound. How do I turn these off? They aren't listed in the Profiles section....

Any help is appreciated! Cheers!
    I dont know, but here are my phones behaviors for those activities in vib profile.

Missed call - cannot test at the moment
    End call - no speaker (high level) sound, but an audible beep if i hold the phone up to my ear
    Turn off camera - no sound
    Change Options in Camera Mode - no sound
    voice notes - didnt fell like unhiding my icon to test =P

running OS 4.5.0.102

FWIW
    12-10-08 04:42 PM
    Samsams - it doesn't vibrate at all. It sounds a chime like a xylophone for about half a second. Very, very annoying. It doesn't make sense to me either. I thought it might have to do with a theme I downloaded, so I reverted back to one of the original ones that came with the Pearl. Same sound!

I'm trying to match it to one of the notifier sounds, to see which one it is. Maybe I can then go through the profiles and see where it is listed.

Gammaxgoblin - thanks for testing it out on your phone! I wish mine acted properly. It's annoying to have a missed call sound when I'm in a meeting. Have you been able to test the missed call sound yet?

Thanks!
    12-11-08 03:39 PM
    profiles > (scroll all the way down) Advanced...

from there you SHOULD be able to adjust the sounds your berry emits based on the profile you use
    12-11-08 08:11 PM
    All right - so, in frustration, I did a battery pull. Once I put the battery back in after a couple of minutes, guess what? No more sounds where they shouldn't be! I have no idea what happened, and I never found the sound in my list of notifier tones, but in any case, it seems that a battery pull did the trick!

Thanks for trying to figure this out.

Cheers!
    12-12-08 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD