To my fellow 8100 users:

Over the past months I hope I have been of assistance to you all. I know many of you have been of great assistance to me. Us 8100 users, taking advantage of our unique blingball abilities, pushing our device to the max with 11MB of free app memory, and coping with the constant hourglass, realize what the BlackBerry has come from and evolved to.

I truly have enjoyed my time with you all. However, like bbw, I must announce my departure from the 8100 community. Last week I finally upgraded to a bold 9700. Not to rub it in, but so far I am loving the new device. I'm finally able to run all the applications with no issue.

I'll still be around in these 8100 forums, but not to the frequency I once was. I hope all of you stay well and eventually upgrade to a 9700 or even. 9100 whenever it releases.

Best regards.

Mad_Eyes
    12-30-09 11:28 AM
    yup I too have been eyeing the 9700, going to get it in march with my upgrade. thanks for helping me out a couple of time, although I didnt directly ask the questions your answers did help me out.
    01-16-10 12:16 PM
    Good for you mad, congratulations! Quite liberating isn't it?

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 03:36 PM
    Congrats on the 9700... I will too be going from to this device once the new BB feel of my Storm 9550 wears off lol...
    01-17-10 05:13 PM
    yup I too have been eyeing the 9700, going to get it in march with my upgrade. thanks for helping me out a couple of time, although I didnt directly ask the questions your answers did help me out.
    Highly suggest purchasing the device. Another thing that bugged me about the 8100 was how it couldn't display the full name for some menu items (i.e. different languages). Little issues like these are no more

Good for you mad, congratulations! Quite liberating isn't it?
    Very much so how's the javelin?
    01-20-10 02:28 AM
    It's fantastic mad. While I love the physical format of the Bold two more, and the 3G would be sweet, I'm growing accustomed to the silly backwards slant of the keys. Were the screen bigger on the 9700, I would still get one, but I think I'll continue with my Jav, till the next series of devices come out. The 1/2GB of memory, along with OS enhancements in store for it, will make the wait worth it in the end. Plus, in a few short months, I'm in a position where I can shop carriers, and not have a contract at all. Yep! Could not be happier right now.

All this installed:

Third Party:

AddOnis
    BBSmart Alarms Pro
    BerryJoose
    BerryUnitConverter
    CrackBerry Launcher (the old one)
    8 Mini Icon Hidden Dock w/Weather Slot Theme
    DocsToGo Premium
    Fixmotools
    FourSquare
    GoogleApps (the full set)
    OperaMini 4.2
    BBSmart Shortcuts
    Speedtest
    Navita (Tradutor)
    �bertwitter
    ZonaSnap
    WJR (AirCast)
    KABC (AirCast)
    Moodio (not an app per-say, but slick as heck)
    Scanner Radio

Addon:

App World (used as little as possible)
    BlackBerry Application Center
    Blackberry Maps
    Lbs Ribbon (gets BBMaps working on at&t)
    BlackBerry Messenger
    Memo Pad
    Tasks
    Windows Live Messenger
    Yahoo Messenger

And still after 24 hours run time:

That's with so many of those apps running in the background it's silly.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

01-20-10 04:38 AM
    the bold 2 seems like the phone to get, im currently using an 8100 too
    02-15-10 10:23 AM
    any other suggestions?
    02-15-10 10:23 AM
    The 9100 when that becomes avaiable, if you like the Pearl configuration.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

02-15-10 10:39 AM
    I am waiting for the 9100... that will be my next Berry!
    02-15-10 04:29 PM
    im also waiting patiently for the highly anticipated 9100
    02-15-10 05:05 PM
    honestly if the 9100 was out, i probably would have purchased it over the 9700. i love the pearl's form factor. then again, after using the 9700 i dunno if i could give it up now lol.
    02-15-10 05:38 PM
    Heck mad, I'm disappointed in the size the Onyx is. This isn't a Bold 2, it's a Curve 3. I'll hang on to this Onyx, which truly is a great device, till they put out another large format BlackBerry. I'm loving the beasty hybrid I've installed too.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

02-15-10 05:51 PM
    The door is closed to spammers
    02-15-10 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD