i tried updating the OS on my pearl 8100. apparently i did it wrong. after the update i got the white screen with the 507. i pulled the battery but the 507 pops right back up. i have no idea what to do. and now when i plug the phone into the USB my desktop manager doesnt detect the phone. any help or info would be great guys. thanks.
    05-27-09 03:43 AM
    Your OS failed to load for one reason or another. You need to leave the device until the operation is fully completed. Connect to your PC, go into program files, common files, research in motion, shared, loader files, the OS folder (if there is more than one, delete the rest through control panel), java, make sure you deleted the vendor. xml file. Then back up to research in motion, app loader folder, select the apploader.exe. Your OS installation should now initialize.

Here's where your Java folder will be:

And here's where your AppLoader folder will be:
    05-27-09 04:13 AM
    cool thanks man i'll try that out.
    05-27-09 04:47 AM
    well i tried that and nothing got re-initiated. when i get to the application loader wizard nothing shows up in the connection box. so i cant continue on with anything from there.
    05-27-09 04:58 AM
    oh and another thing... can you give me a sight to download an OS for my 8100 i feel like the one i downloaded isnt correct. if you could give me a correct legit one that would be great.
    05-27-09 05:00 AM
    Here's where to get the OS and anything else you'll need:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/upgr...step-z-188139/

And here's info on installing the OS, when you can't get the device recognized:
    View Document
    05-27-09 05:11 AM
    tried a hard pull/ battery pull but that didnt help. i seriously dont know what else to do. it just can connect to my device.
    05-27-09 05:21 AM
    Read the instructions carefully in the second link. When you get the timing right, which could take a couple tries, you will be able to start the loading process. Only other problem I can think of would be Vista.

Here's a ton more reading for you:
    BlackBerry Support Community Forums - Vista/Blackberry desktop manager 4.5 problems - BlackBerry® Desktop Software - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    05-27-09 05:34 AM
    ok so my desktop manager still says disconnected btw im running the 4.7v of DM. anyways i finally got my pin to show up, i mean it doesnt show up but if i click options-connection settings-then connection type my pin will finally show. now the problem im having is when i go to application loader and then to update software it says there is no software update required for my device. i've downloaded the OS:v4.5.0.124 and installed it already and deleted the xml file. geezus what else is there to do. oh and i've restarted my computer a few times just to make sure things are good.
    05-27-09 06:15 AM
    i finally got it.

thanks a lot BBW.
    05-27-09 07:08 AM
    I know you said you got everything working but I would dump dm 4.7 and go back to 4.6. There have been a lot of people saying 4.7 is giving them a lot of problems and it very could have been the reason the os didn't load correctly
    05-27-09 07:31 AM
    You're welcome. And that's why my guide says not to use 4.7. It's to much to explain when 4.5/4.6 work well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD