Monday i updated my OS system to 4.5
    Monday and Tues. my phone is EXTREMLY slow and always thinking (getting the little hour glass)
    Today my phone won't stay running for more thatn 15mins with out the hour glass popping up then the phone rebooting.
    i rebooted the OS with out the media card in the phone as per http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/proper-upgrade-downgrade-procedure-53359/
    phone works FINE other than the fact when i have my MSD card in the phone it is "ALWAYS THINKING" .... i get the hour glass, i get the little icon in the upper right hand coner for send/rec information (the radio is on)... and the phone reboots (turns off then turns on) pulled the card and deleted a ton of stuff and reinstalled the card and it does the same thing.... any one have any sort of ideas.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 01:52 PM
    it could just be thinking let it sit over night and see if it finally stop it could be just scanning the data base like it does when you reinstall the sd card after taking it out. just give it some time to scan and see if that solves the issue
    01-29-09 02:12 PM
    Move your media over to your PC and format the card while it's in the BB. Then move your media back your your BB from the PC.

Let us know if that did anything.
    01-29-09 02:17 PM
    it could just be thinking let it sit over night and see if it finally stop it could be just scanning the data base like it does when you reinstall the sd card after taking it out. just give it some time to scan and see if that solves the issue
    tried that last night.... that is why i wanted to reboot the OS this morning.....thanks for the 411 anyways....

01-29-09 02:31 PM
    Move your media over to your PC and format the card while it's in the BB. Then move your media back your your BB from the PC.

Working on that now that you mention it..... thanks

01-29-09 02:39 PM
    i did a "show all files" on the SD card via my desktop and a Multimedia Card Reader and i had some other "systems" file that was hidden on my card.
    i deleted that and now i am transfering everything to the desktop and i will format it and move it back to the SD card....

01-29-09 02:42 PM

So far so good.... but well see it seems to be alot quicker and for some reason i had alot of of "iPod cache" files for some reason....

01-29-09 04:06 PM
    ! ! ! ! UPDATE ! ! ! !

It doesnt shut off every 10 mins but i has "rebooted" once... and still kinda slow... compared to the old OS

01-29-09 04:55 PM
    Try setting your device memory limit to 12 or 15MB. Open your media press the menu key and select options.

01-29-09 08:24 PM
    Try setting your device memory limit to 12 or 15MB. Open your media press the menu key and select options.

it's currently set at 5mb.... should i up it or leave it alone?!?!

01-30-09 07:15 AM
    it's currently set at 5mb.... should i up it or leave it alone?!?!

Set it to the highest setting like wolf said. It depends on your OS what that limit is. 4.6 is 15MB.
    01-30-09 09:45 AM
    Set it to the highest setting like wolf said. It depends on your OS what that limit is. 4.6 is 15MB.
    I set it for the highest setting... thanks, but what does that do?!?!

01-30-09 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD