Is 4.5.0.56 worth downloading, and if I do will I loose all my contacts #'s and address's? I finally got my BB running smoothly with 4.3, so I'm a little hesitant to upgrade to the new OS, but once again if you guys think it's worth it I will. THANX!!
    09-01-08 07:43 AM
    If ur current set-up is working 4 you, then why not just stick with it for awhile? Maybe just wait until the official release for you carrier is released. I'm still runnin' 4.3 and love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 10:16 AM
    ha! i would stick with 4.3 right now! i have the same phone as you do and carrier and tried downloading the newest 4.5 and messed up somewhere because it wasn't a clean download you had to do random things! But luckily i was able to downgrade back to the most updated official OS for VZW! But I can't wait for the 4.5 in VZW. But I guess i just have to!
    09-01-08 11:08 AM
    If you don't really need the new features of 4.5 then there is no need to upgrade. Plus you say you just got things running smoothly on 4.3. I'm guessing you are new to BB so you will probably want to get comfortable with your BB before doing an OS upgrade. Not that it is hard to do but it is possible things can go wrong which may have you back on the forums trying to get it fixed. Also keep in mind changes are you will get no support from your carrier by running a beta or version OS they haven't released.

However in the event you do upgrade you won't lose contacts and what not. Be sure to backup using desktop manager and backup 3rd party apps just in case something goes wrong you will be able to restore your BB to the way it was before attempting to upgrade. Refer to the howto section on the forum for how to backup 3rd party apps. And there are several ways you can go about upgrading. There is a upgrade/downgrade howto in the howto section, there is the CB 101 guide, and at least one app someone has written that can be used as well. So read up on all of that stuff. Then if you feel comfortable proceeding after reading all of that and my post.....

09-02-08 02:59 AM
    If you don't really need the new features of 4.5 then there is no need to upgrade. Plus you say you just got things running smoothly on 4.3. I'm guessing you are new to BB so you will probably want to get comfortable with your BB before doing an OS upgrade. Not that it is hard to do but it is possible things can go wrong which may have you back on the forums trying to get it fixed. Also keep in mind changes are you will get no support from your carrier by running a beta or version OS they haven't released.

However in the event you do upgrade you won't lose contacts and what not. Be sure to backup using desktop manager and backup 3rd party apps just in case something goes wrong you will be able to restore your BB to the way it was before attempting to upgrade. Refer to the howto section on the forum for how to backup 3rd party apps. And there are several ways you can go about upgrading. There is a upgrade/downgrade howto in the howto section, there is the CB 101 guide, and at least one app someone has written that can be used as well. So read up on all of that stuff. Then if you feel comfortable proceeding after reading all of that and my post.....

Thanxs for your time!! I'll stick with the 4.3 for now.
    09-02-08 08:25 AM
    Thanxs for your time!! I'll stick with the 4.3 for now.
    Wise decision. I ran 4.5 for a week...so far you get docs2go, kinda nice doc viewer.
    You lose, word wrap in wap, PITA to post here from your BB, Ability to play music with your BB in standby..meh so far..
    09-02-08 09:29 AM
    I have thoroughly enjoyed OS 4.5, but it is not for everyone. If you do upgrade... at least pick up the most recent version for your device

09-02-08 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD