My first question is, why can't I have Wifi and Bluetooth on at the same time? Is it normal that my phone cannot do this?

My second question is, when I am listening to music using my Bluetooth headset, is it normal for games and applications and other things to be a bit laggy?

My third question is, when you have Bluetooth connected to a device, is there a little arrow looking icon next to the Bluetooth icon on the top of your phone?
    07-11-08 08:54 AM
    My first question is, why can't I have Wifi and Bluetooth on at the same time? Is it normal that my phone cannot do this?

My second question is, when I am listening to music using my Bluetooth headset, is it normal for games and applications and other things to be a bit laggy?

My third question is, when you have Bluetooth connected to a device, is there a little arrow looking icon next to the Bluetooth icon on the top of your phone?
    Not sure about the first two (however your lucky to have wifi I want it!)

As for the third, the arrow probally means that information/data/sound is being sent to it. I know the blackberry yellow interface arrows always mean data is being sent, I assume that the arrow next to the bluetooth indicator would mean data being transfered between the bluetooth and the device
    07-11-08 09:02 AM
    Yes to your third question. The BT symbol is there all of the time, but when you have a BT device (headset) paired with the phone you will have a little "arrow" looking device to let you know you are paired up and ready to use it.
    07-11-08 09:05 AM
    Did you guys ever get this error from an application or a game or anything:
    java.lang.nullpointerexception
    07-11-08 09:07 AM
    Yes I got that error from the new CB launcher

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 09:13 AM
    Yes I got that error from the new CB launcher

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Me too!! I wonder why it's give us that error. Did you select the color navy for the icon? Did you fix the error, and how?
    07-11-08 09:15 AM
    Blueberry did you find any fix for the CB Launcher, if you know any of the answers please post!
    07-11-08 09:39 AM
    Do any of you guys know the first two questions?
    07-11-08 10:14 AM
    i never found a fix for it just stuck with the old one no issues. you're second question yes first question i'm not sure
    07-11-08 10:50 AM
    for the first question, bluetooth and wifi both operate in the 2.4GHz band, and so can interfere with each other unless the wifi router and/or the phone implement a coexistence mode.
    for the 2nd question, yes this does seem to be the case. i believe mp3s are decoded by software rather than a dedicated decoder chip like most mp3 players have, so it eats up a good chunk of the relatively slow (compared to a pc) processor in the bb.
    07-11-08 10:54 AM
    i never found a fix for it just stuck with the old one no issues. you're second question yes first question i'm not sure
    For the old whats the difference?
    07-11-08 10:55 AM
    none really
    07-11-08 11:02 AM
    none really
    Can you change the color of the icon and is there settings in options?
    07-11-08 11:08 AM

1. You can have wifi and bluetooth at the same time.. i'm just wondering what version of Pearl do you have, i have Pearl 8100 and it does not have the WIFI capabilities.
    2. Check how much memory do you still have... running low on memory will tend to make your phone sluggish..
    3. That icon is your connection to EDGE.. sometimes it has one or tow arrows. With that blinking.. it means you are transferring data..

I hope this helps..
    07-11-08 11:50 AM
    1. You can have wifi and bluetooth at the same time.. i'm just wondering what version of Pearl do you have, i have Pearl 8100 and it does not have the WIFI capabilities.
    2. Check how much memory do you still have... running low on memory will tend to make your phone sluggish..
    3. That icon is your connection to EDGE.. sometimes it has one or tow arrows. With that blinking.. it means you are transferring data..

I hope this helps..
    Lol, I don't mean to be rude, but each of your answers are incorrect. But I do thank you for trying to help me out lol.
    07-11-08 11:51 AM
    I have a Pearl 8120 (ATT) and have bluetooth and wifi on together all the time.
    07-11-08 12:52 PM
    Why doesn't Crackberry fix this issue with the OS?
    07-11-08 01:08 PM
    Okay the Wifi question is fine now and the crackberry launcher, I just need more opinions about my Blackberry being slow while listening to music via Bluetooth and playing a game at the same time. It's just a bit slugish, is this normal?
    07-11-08 01:36 PM
    Can you change the color of the icon and is there settings in options?
    no just the orange icon and there is no settings in options
    07-11-08 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD