ok, after 30 days of my first bberry pear, I was having weird symptoms; my call log would always get wiped out, which was annoying. that lasted for a week or so, then things got worse. Next, I would get a hourglass "busy" logo anytime i tried to do anything w/ the phone. It got worse every day until it couldn't even receive a call. somone would call me, i would see the hourglass, and thus not be able to answer, and then when i could use it again, i couldn't see who called because i have no call log.

Sprint told me it was "corrupt software" and replaced it free (w/i 30 days). Now this new one is starting w/ the call log crap, and I'm PISSED. Is this thing just a POS, or what??

Any help greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!
    09-22-08 10:30 AM
    It could be a memory issue. Look in the BlackBerry Tips, How To & FAQ forum and How To Free Up Memory. This might help you put

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 10:39 AM
    do what many berry owners have come to know as a "battery pull" it serves to clear the memory. You don't lose the call logs when doing it. I tend to pull mine about once a week, just to clear it and reset things.
    09-23-08 06:16 AM
    And to answer your question yes it is a pearl problem.

They were not given enough flash memory that's why your logs delete and the phone locks up.

Do a search for Stoners guide or tell your carrier you want a curve.

09-23-08 06:26 AM
    Skullgame has identified the likely cause of your vanishing call logs. You can easily check your free memory by going to Options>Status.

This is the guide the others were referring to

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

09-23-08 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD