Hey folks,

I have a Pearl that's a bit over 2 years old that lately is not holding a charge for more than a day (used to be 2-3 days) with very little use (a couple of calls a day and 15-20 e-mails a day), and is also not always charging fully - it gets to 99% and hangs there, even if on the charger all night.

Has this happened to anyone else? My guess is I'm going to have to replace the battery, but that seems odd considering it's not that old. Should be better...

Thoughts?

Dubs
    10-29-09 06:23 PM
    I had to replace my Seido extended battery after two years, too. I think it's just the lifespan of the battery.
    10-29-09 07:30 PM
    I got my Pearl extended here, it's not quite the capacity of a Seido, but it's no where near the price either.

"But bacon's not the only thing that's cured by hanging from a string"
    -- Hugh Kingsmill.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 10-29-09 at 08:24 PM.
    10-29-09 08:19 PM
    Mine is almost 2 years too, the battery is not holding for 3 or 4 days anymore. It runs out pretty quick, I gotta buy myself Seido on ebay (cheaper)
    10-29-09 11:02 PM
    Yeah, I have to agree here, my daughter's pearl had to have a new battery right at 2 years old. Mine is approaching 18 months and I can see a decrease already also, though I will try and hold out and see if I get a new BB before I have to replace the battery. I have to admit, 20 bucks for a replacement battery is a good price, though it wasn't a Seido or Extended version.
    10-29-09 11:24 PM
    ahhh, limited blackberries from my provider (USCC) but free battery replacement makes it so rock ***... mmmm */brag*
    10-30-09 11:16 AM
    Have a look at Amazon.com, prices can't be beat... Less tha $10 for original batteries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD