I would like to have 1 dedicated business number with a seperate voice mail and 1 personal number with out having to have 2 phones. Does anyone know if this is possible?
    05-07-09 12:29 PM
    Well I've been searching around for you, I've participated in a thread like this one, but I can't find it. You can use a Skype feature called SkypeIn it does cost money.
    05-07-09 01:10 PM
    Isn't there any other way?
    05-07-09 05:59 PM
    SkypeIn works. It's not expensive. Definitely less pricey than getting a 2nd line on a 2nd BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 12:41 AM
    I would like to have 1 dedicated business number with a seperate voice mail and 1 personal number with out having to have 2 phones. Does anyone know if this is possible?
    I don't think it's possible to have 2 phone numbers on one BlackBerry. A lot of the rip-off clone phones can do this. Go figure.
    05-16-09 01:04 AM
    I have two lines on my BB (business and personal).
    I'm in the UK and on GSM the two lines are attached to the same sim card.
    When I open the phone screen I have my number at the top of the screen above the blank field for the dialled number.
    If I click on this I can choose which number to use.
    Dunno where you are but also dunno if this is possible for CDMA??

05-16-09 01:22 AM
    I have two lines on my BB (business and personal).
    I'm in the UK and on GSM the two lines are attached to the same sim card.
    When I open the phone screen I have my number at the top of the screen above the blank field for the dialled number.
    If I click on this I can choose which number to use.
    Dunno where you are but also dunno if this is possible for CDMA??

Wow! I've never heard of that two #'s, 1 SIM card thing... Is it possible it's a UK thing? That's really cool though!
    05-16-09 01:24 AM
    Wow! I've never heard of that two #'s, 1 SIM card thing... Is it possible it's a UK thing? That's really cool though!
    Dunno if it's a GSM sim thing or not. Comes up as "line 1" and "line 2". Not sure how CDMA works exactly.
    It's pretty handy, but the only bummer is that when you're phone is on both lines are active - eg I can't turn my business line off on an evening and still have the phone on for my personal line... ;-)

05-16-09 01:31 AM
    That's possible in Greece too!
    05-16-09 02:38 PM
    CDMA devices used to be able to have 2 numbers assigned to them, but that seems to have disappeared over the years.
    Only knew one person that used that feature.
    One carrier was American, the other was Canadian.
    There was a menu option to select what number to use.
    The number not in use would act as the phone was powered off.
    My cdma startac and one of my nokia phones had this option.
    I don't see it in my berry...

05-16-09 07:47 PM
    I would say SkypeIn is your best bet.
    05-17-09 11:28 PM
    So I've just discovered that you can do this with the Storm and it acts like djnorman described. You pick which one you want to use and the other that's inactive appears to be "off." With my Storm, I activated my Verizon # on the 1XEV side and my AT&T phone # on the GSM/UMTS side just to see if it would work. And guess what... It did.
    05-17-09 11:31 PM
    05-20-09 03:56 PM
    So I've just discovered that you can do this with the Storm and it acts like djnorman described. You pick which one you want to use and the other that's inactive appears to be "off." With my Storm, I activated my Verizon # on the 1XEV side and my AT&T phone # on the GSM/UMTS side just to see if it would work. And guess what... It did.
    did you have to do anything special to the phone? I have to carry two phones right now and REALLY don't like it. I even tried one of the dual sim card adapters (didn't work with Storm). This would make my life way better.

I currently use an unlocked Storm w/ ATT. Works great... email, browser, etc. So if I purchased a voice plan w/ Verizon all I have to do is activate it? I know they won't both work at the same time and I'll have to switch back and forth from 1XEV to GSM, but will the email, browser sms still work with ATT?
    06-11-09 07:31 PM
    CrackBerry has had ads on site from a company called Toktumi. Check out their website. I believe they can do this. It does cost a little per year but less than a land line. Might be worth a look.
    06-14-09 11:00 PM
    did you have to do anything special to the phone? I have to carry two phones right now and REALLY don't like it. I even tried one of the dual sim card adapters (didn't work with Storm). This would make my life way better.

I currently use an unlocked Storm w/ ATT. Works great... email, browser, etc. So if I purchased a voice plan w/ Verizon all I have to do is activate it? I know they won't both work at the same time and I'll have to switch back and forth from 1XEV to GSM, but will the email, browser sms still work with ATT?
    Let me know if you get a solution to this via PM. My next phone will be an unlocked Storm, and that would be so awesome to have.
    06-15-09 10:36 AM
    I spend time in two different countries, and to avoid big roaming bills, I thought that I could have 2 service contracts and just switch out my SIM card when I switched countries. My service provider says it is not possible because the PIN and IMEI can only be linked to one service provider. Anybody have any luck on this?
    06-16-09 04:54 AM
    Let me know if you get a solution to this via PM. My next phone will be an unlocked Storm, and that would be so awesome to have.
    Sorry, can't PM you... haven't posted enough.

So here's the solution that I found. It is possible to have two phone numbers on the Storm; one CDMA and one GSM. The limitations are that both cannot have internet, email, mms. One can, the other can only be voice and sms. And both cannot be active at the same time. You must switch over manually in "options--- mobile network".

For me, I had to use the internet and email through ATT as a work phone, but I could not use it for personal calls. So I needed a voice/text only plan on the CDMA. Verizon requires, if you have a Blackberry, that you purchase the $30 data plan, regardless of whatever your usage may be. So Verizon was not the answer for me. I had the CDMA flashed to Metro PCS with voice and text plan.

So far, so good. The biggest issue that I have found is that when I switch back to GSM mode, it takes a few minutes for the edge to become EDGE. But, at least for me, WAY BETTER than carrying two phones.

I hope that this helps you out.
    06-20-09 01:25 AM
    i kno the i phone cn bt im nt sure about blackberries
    06-20-09 03:51 PM
    Ok i have a bb8130 on alltel. and when they set the phone up somehow i have two lines on my phone? when i go to the phone log, regular blackberry's say my number:------- mine says Line 1 and then you can click on it and it says Line 2...but they are both the same number? anyone else have this problem?
    07-30-09 02:10 PM
    08-03-09 04:13 PM
    My dad had this same issue when he started his current job. Had a personal phone with us cellular and had just renewed his contract. New job required him to have a berry. He just had all his calls on his personal line forwarded to his work number.

08-03-09 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD