Hi guys, I wasn't really sure where to post this as my questions aren't specifically related to the Pearl, so mods please feel free to move it if this is the wrong forum.

My contract is up this month, and I'm going to be changing provider from Vodafone to o2 and getting a lovely new Curve 8900 in the process Even thought I've had my Pearl for 7 months now I have 2 rather noob questions in regards to getting things switched over:

1) Is it relatively easy to switch my hotmail and gmail accounts over to my new Berry? There's a Vodafone website where I can add/edit the e-mail accounts on my Berry, and I'm assuming it'll be the same with o2, so will it simply be a case of deleting them from the Vodafone one and then adding them onto the o2 site when I get it?

2) Switching my contacts over to the new phone - is this easy to do? I've downloaded Desktop Manager and have done a full back-up, and when I plug my Curve in all I want to do is transfer the contacts and nothing else - is this something the desktop manager gives you the option to do? I don't want to transfer everything across for example, and risk overwriting the system files on the Curve.

Thanks for any replies, and apologies if these questions have already been asked elsewhere.
    06-07-09 10:47 AM
    1. Yes. It's as easy as logging onto o2's website with the information (probably) that they give you for login information and then readding your accounts to your bb.

2. As for the desktop manager, I'm not sure. You might have to install the manager they give you because I do not know, although I don't think they are, service oriented. However, I'm not sure.
    06-07-09 10:02 PM
    2. Yes very simple. After you have your curve plug it in and select backup/restore. Then select restore and then advanced. Find the backup file and it will load into dm. Select contacts-all and it will only copy your contacts to your new curve!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 10:35 PM
    Thanks guys for your replies!
    06-08-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD