I recently got a memory card for my Berry.. The guy at the store "formatted" it or whatever, and it does show up as an option for storing things (when I take a picture or receive a ringtone for example).. However, if I have more than a 6 pictures on my phone, it deletes all the texts and emails that I have received and does not record my recent calls. It's almost as if it runs out of space, although there is more than enough room on my blackberry + the 1 GB of storage. When I go into status and look up my free room it shows me that I have plently of space.

Help?!
    09-27-08 12:35 AM
    The 1GB card space does not add to your free device memory. The critical parameter is Options / Status / File Free. What value do you have? If it's less than 12 000 000 bytes, you will run out of space, especially if you are storing pictures in device memory. The CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig will help you free up device memory. As for your 1GB card, it can store pictures, music, ringtones, and videos, but can't be used as program execution memory.
    09-27-08 12:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD