Just wondering if any Pearl 8220 users use QuickPull and if it is actualy needed otr just a habit from issues in the past. - Trying to decide whether to delete it off my phone or not.
    06-01-09 11:10 AM
    what's quickpull, what does it do why would you need it, and what are the advantages?
    06-01-09 11:23 AM
    ^Google is your friend, guy. And get, crackberry has a search function too.

I use it if i'm ininstalling multiple things at a time but cancel the re-start request after the first app. I also use schedule it for once a night and that's pretty much a habit thing. Other than that, not much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 11:31 AM
    Quickpull resets your phone so apps you have still loaded are closed; Open apps consume precious memory.
    It is nice because sometimes you forget what you have open... which can affect the performance of your blackberry, especially if you have a flip, which suffers from chronic slowness.

I use it whenever I feel the phone is acting slow. I also recommend updating to the latest firmware.
    06-01-09 11:38 AM
    I only reboot when installing apps(required) or if I encounter a problem which is only once a month or less. I still would not delete it as I never liked having to pull the back off to get to the battery and the battery sometimes bumps the SIM card, Don't need a SIM read error. Its very convenient.
    06-01-09 11:52 AM
    I have a clear plastic case on my phone, so before this app, in order to do a battery pull, I had to snap off the back plastic plate. This took a couple minutes, and caused unnecessary scratches and wear on the housing. I do a quickpull at least once a week to keep things running smooth, and obviously it's the first thing I do whenever something isn't working quite right. I definitely recommend this app to anyone with a hardcover case, but otherwise, it's probably quicker just to directly pull the battery.
    06-01-09 01:37 PM
    To add to that it beats messing with that flimsy battery cover. Kind of scary taking that back off when it feels like a thin cracker about to break.
    06-01-09 04:11 PM
    I have quickpull set to run every night at 3 a.m, when I should be sleeping . I have noticed that my phone doesn't mess up much anymore, so I think it's good.
    06-01-09 04:19 PM
    I did put quickpull on mine. I of course don't have the the 8220, I have the 8230. I just don't like having to take the battery cover off all the time just to reset.

Plus I can set it to reset at a certain time, and when I wake up, I will wake up to a refreshed BlackBerry.

No reason to delete it. It only takes up like 48kb. No big deal either way.

msblueline
    06-01-09 04:54 PM
    If you don't have it yet, depending on your phone, BlackBerry App World is nice.

Some of them have the Quickpull as a feature, I know mine didn't for the 8230, but it did for the Curve and the Pearl.

msblueline
    06-02-09 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD