1. Hoggles's Avatar
    Hi everyone

    I had a quick question for people with T-Mobile who may have done what I'm thinking about doing.

    I just got the Flip about 2 months ago. There are many things I love about it, but there is one thing that I'm not sure I can deal with for the next 2 years. That would be the screen size. I do a lot web surfing, streaming videos, multimedia stuff etc, and I would simply like to have a larger screen (much larger).

    When T-Mobile starts selling the Storm 2 when it's released (I hope they do plan on selling it), do any of you guys know how much it would cost to upgrade (or downgrade ;p) my Flip to the Storm 2? Seeing how I'm still in the 2 year contract, I know I'd be paying a hefty price to change (penalty or something like that), but I was curious if anyone knows how much that price would be? I have been with T-Mo for just over 2 years now....don't know if that makes a difference or not.

    I will call T-Mobile soon to ask, but I just wanted to get some crackberry community thoughts on this subject first.

    Thanks!

    *** Edit: Well I didn't even think about it but I guess T-Mobile has never carried the Storm, but it now makes sense seeing as all the Storm commercials I've ever seen are all Verizon. Hmmmm, I hope T-Mo will be allowed to carry it. Seems so silly when 1 device is exclusive to 1 carrier. Boo and Hoo!
    Last edited by Hoggles; 07-07-09 at 05:47 PM. Reason: More info :)
    07-07-09 05:37 PM
  2. zwood's Avatar
    If you want to switch phones and still with tmobile they don't care. You wont have to pay anything more than the full retail price of the new phone. if you cancel your contract they will charge you an early termination fee that is about $200.
    07-08-09 06:52 PM
  3. Californium89's Avatar
    if you love spending money... lol just go to vzw grab your self a storm wait for acouple months call them up to get the unlock code... cancel pay 200$ and come to t-mobile with a storm
    07-09-09 01:29 AM
  4. Nomad8324's Avatar
    if you love spending money... lol just go to vzw grab your self a storm wait for acouple months call them up to get the unlock code... cancel pay 200$ and come to t-mobile with a storm
    I think i would hit ebay up first.

    Only thing I would wonder about is replacement if anything happened to it.
    07-09-09 04:17 AM
  5. RichIP#CB's Avatar
    Hoggles, I'm sure you've called T-Mobile by now. Since I'm guessing you only recently used up the discount for re-upping with T-Mobile for 2 more years, you'll unfortunately have to wait until something like 6 months left in that contract before you're eligible again for a discount on a new phone. It's a BS rule, which is why I always only re-up for one year. The one-year contract gets you the big $100+ or so discount off new phones while extra year gets you a mere $25 or $50 off a phone...not worth being bound for a 2nd year in my opinion.

    So basically, if you decide to buy whatever new BB that comes out for T-Mobile in the next year and a half, you'll likely have to pay the full retail price for it. That's about it. No penalties for switching phones or anything since you're still remaining a T-Mobile customer.

    One suggestion if you don't like any of the T-Mobile phones, take a look at the AT&T BBs. If there's one you like just go buy it (without joining AT&T) and call AT&T that same day to get the unlock code...no need to ever be an AT&T customer. My Curve 8310 was an phone for my last company...when I left the firm, I called AT&T and got the unlock code over the phone...no questions asked.

    Hope that helped
    07-09-09 05:22 AM
  6. Hoggles's Avatar
    Thanks Rich....

    Yeah, I didn't know about the 1 year contract. I maybe would have done that if I knew about it. Unless....I imagine if you opt for the 1 year contract, you are not eligible for the full phone discount. I got my 8220 for $49, and I was told that was ONLY with a 2 year contract. I'm not usually someone who needs or wants the latest and greatest devices, but it would be nice to have that option to upgrade and not pay anywhere near full retail, before 22 months.

    No biggie really....I'll just wait
    07-09-09 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.