I am interested in what theme others are using for their Flip, and why they either like or dislike a particular theme.

I like the L theme, but don't like the shaded gray area at the top or bottom that take away from the picture I use for the wallpaper.

I downloaded the sexyflip theme (http://forums.crackberry.com/f125/pi...p-82xx-105016/). This is pretty awesome.

I know some don't like "ANY" icons on the main screen.

Just curious as to what others like and dislike...

msblueline
    07-24-09 03:32 AM
    Honestly there really aren't alot of nice themes out there for the flip. I use the stock zen theme
    07-24-09 03:44 AM
    I just use the Precision T-Mobile theme.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 10:22 AM
    Stock L with my own wallpaper. I never thought much about the gray areas, I hope it doesn't start to bother me now that I do notice it.
    Last edited by dat dude; 07-24-09 at 11:09 AM.
    07-24-09 10:47 AM
    I'm using the Today Theme by jkagan1 -

http://forums.crackberry.com/f125/ba...p-4-6-a-88386/

Pretty wallpapers are all very nice, but I enjoy the benefits of accessing as a glance certain info on the device
    07-24-09 10:56 AM
    I'm using the stock Verizon Precision Zen.. the few 82xx themes I downloaded haven't worked properly. I'd like something a little different, but can't find anything that works. (I still like the stock theme from my 8130)
    07-24-09 11:11 AM
    I made one of my own SF Giants theme and also use the precision stock one with a background of choice
    07-24-09 11:29 AM
    Just got the iBerry Pink zen theme from bPlay. It's very...florally. But I love it. Only thing I don't like is that it doesn't appear to have a seperate folder for SMS/MMS and puts those in the messages folder with emails, and also does not seperate text/mms message count in the notifications with a slanted envelope icon when you receive a new text/mms message.

Also got the animated aquarium theme (for my daughter who loves ocean life) but haven't used it yet. I agree there isn't much out there for flips theme-wise, but I also like the stock Verizon zen theme with red home screen.
    07-24-09 02:52 PM
    I tried the sexy flip but while I really, really liked the look of it, found that scrolling between icons of the home screen were really laggy for some reason. I tried several others. Finally, I just took a free one someone posted up that had most of the features I liked best and tweaked it in Plazmic. Shifted a few icons, swapped out the wall papers, rearranged a few things til I had specifically what I wanted. My theme has the Today Calendar and Messages, 10 most used icons and all the regular header goodies.
    07-24-09 05:14 PM
    Precision Silver + my own wallpaper
    07-24-09 10:10 PM
    I didn't think that there were many themes for the 82XX?
    07-27-09 08:09 AM
    I have the "City of the World", "Beaches of the World, iBerry Pink, and Aqua. They're all pretty good but some themes have a habit of taking away functionality (like removing the small icon the main screen for changing profiles). Not crazy about that.
    07-27-09 09:07 AM
    I'm using the Today Theme by jkagan1 -

forums.crackberry.com/f125/basic-today-plus-theme-8220-flip-4-6-a-88386/

Pretty wallpapers are all very nice, but I enjoy the benefits of accessing as a glance certain info on the device
    Pardon the noob question (this is my first BB). I installed this theme as well but it flipped my background to black and my text to white. This messed up the view of my emails and SMS messages. Did this happen to you? Help would be appreciated.

Alternatively, is there a simple add on out there that would just allow me to add a calendar section to any today screen. I prefer the stock Zen theme but would just like to see my upcomping events from the calendar on my wallpaper.

Thanks.
    07-27-09 02:10 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f125/kde-4-2-a-211441/
    With berryweather. Works great, although there is no support for it from the dev as he has been inactive.
    It's one of the few themes that I don't notice any memory leak at all, nor extra drain on the battery.
    07-27-09 04:18 PM
    My favorite theme is the jkagan1. The icons are the same as the original so is has a very professional look and the today screen is clear and functional.

Thank you for creating and distributing it.

My requirements were:
    Professional looking
    Homescreen with upcoming appointment
    Homescreen with message notification count (jkagan is okay in this regard)
    bottom toolbar
    fun (I'll add my own background to make it fun, custom LED's would be another way)

My wish list is:
    same info excpet toolbar on the outside screen

Thank you again,

-P from California
    07-29-09 08:57 PM
    Im using the precision zen theme with a wallpaper of a beach in hawaii, nothing like looking at the sand and water!!!!!
    11-20-09 12:18 PM
    I created my own, got sick of crappy themes out there, I love mine, use my own wallpapers and my screen has 8 icons, 4 on left and 4 on right side. Also have customized external screen background.
    11-20-09 07:32 PM
    I use KDE4.2 theme as well. Best theme I've found, functionality and look. I like the weather option and the fact that you can choose icons on the home screen. I have created a few themes but they slowed down the phone, this one is fast and has nice custom icons that are easy to read.
    11-20-09 08:06 PM
    I use the LeatherBerry Theme. Its another very clean, very professional theme for the flip.

LeatherBerry Theme
    11-21-09 11:23 AM
    Using an L theme from the forums here. Love it, could care less about the grey shaded areas
    12-27-09 11:21 AM
    Using a Hidden Today L theme I got over at pimpmyberry. Works great with no issues
    12-29-09 12:43 PM
    just did a hidden today with weather slot and precision icons for wife
    01-14-10 09:10 AM
    iberry, the new crackberry theme, and made a dual hidden dock theme that i made through theme builder
    01-22-10 11:46 AM
    I also like the new CB2 theme, it's free and once you change the background it great. I do wish I could lock the two floating menus that you should be able to customize I think - haven't figure that out yet. The flip just doesn't have the power to fade in and out the menus.
    01-22-10 02:59 PM
    Reflex Color Today from bplay.com. I love the crisp color icons. I also underestimated how useful a Today theme would be. This is my first.

I've also used their animated Fireplace theme, though I noticed the repetitiveness pretty quick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 08:06 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD