Brilliant although my SMS messages aren't coming in under messages, I still have to go to the SMS message folder. Well done - if I were you I would sell it for 5.99 !!
    03-14-09 12:54 PM
    Bautiful!
    A today screen in a classic and elegant them.
    Only a question: for me is important only the calendar, and the to-do list if possible. I can remove the messages and the call registry?

Thanks a lot.

Paolo4occhi
    03-23-09 01:47 AM
    How do I get a copy of the basic today theme for 8220
    04-21-09 03:16 PM
    Top job works great thanks.
    06-06-09 02:33 PM
    Awsome theme, great job..

Thanks

msblueline
    06-07-09 06:35 AM
    I have downloaded the zip file and extracted the jkagan1.alx file to my desktop.

When I point the BB application loader to the .alx file, I get the message 'no additional applications designed for your device were found'.

This is for my wife's TMO 8220 Flip (not my Curve)

Help!
    06-07-09 09:58 AM
    And I thought I have found a perfect theme, then this, while loading with DM:

The following modules could not be loaded because their digital signatures were invalid. Com_plazmic_theme_jkagan1.cod

Anyone else with similar issues?
    06-15-09 12:41 PM
    When you load the phone with the DM, make a seperate file folder for the theme.

Open the zip file "COPY" the .alx and .cod to that file folder.

Place "BOTH" files in the newly created file.

-OR-

(You can "EXTRACT TO A FILE" and just tell it that file folder.)

Connect your phone to the DM and guide it to that file. Only the .alx file will be available when you download, but they both have to be in the file to not get any errors.

Try that and see if it works.

msblueline
    06-17-09 05:19 AM
    Can you help me instal it on my phone? I cant unzip the file to a folder, and I dont know what else to do.
    06-20-09 02:39 PM
    Create a file on your desktop, give it a name (ex: BTPT8220).

Unzip the file and "copy" the .alx and .cod file.

Open the file you just created (ex: BTPT8220), (right click) and "paste" them in that file.

Open your Desktop Manager (DM), connect your device.

Open the application loader. Click "START" under Add/Remove Applications.

Select "browse".

Select "Desktop".

Look for the file you created (whatever name you gave it, ex: BTPT8220).

You should see a file with a .alx at the end of it. "DOUBLE" click it.

Select "next" on the DM.

It should then install it on your device.

Hope this helps

msblueline
    06-20-09 03:10 PM
    it helped me! thanks msblueline!
    07-06-09 08:46 AM
    Hi jkagan

Wow your theme is perfect for me, clean and the important things on the home screen.

there is yust one little ugly thing, and i think it's because my 8220 is in german language.

when it displays calendar items, it looks like this:

Kalender
    07/TT Teamsitzung .....
    07/TT Termin...
    07/TT Besuch...

The "TT" should be the day, and because in in english you would use "D" for day (german "T" for Tag) i think it's not working.

Is it possible to make a patch for me? of course i would do it my own if you provide me the editable theme!

Thanks a lot
    Andres
    07-26-09 12:40 PM
    Simple message, and calender theme. Clean looking and basic. Just what I needed.

I had to do a battery pull soft reset for another reason, and the theme went buggy so I had to reinstall.

Still love it.

Thank you.
    08-03-09 12:00 PM
    i used a couple unofficial Today themes, including this one, for five months. After three months, for whatever reason, my BB Flip started shutting down regularly. I'd pick it up, and see IT WAS OFF. Missed several calls.

Uninstalled this and the other unofficial themes three days ago. Everything's good again.

USE THIS THEME WITH CAUTION...
    08-19-09 08:03 AM
    I tried to load this theme on my Verizon Pearl Flip thru Desktop Manager but it said this was not compatible with the phone? Any ideas on what is wrong?

Thanks
    08-28-09 12:47 AM
    Nice clean Job
    09-06-09 03:14 PM
    Great job. It is clean, simple and works great. I hope someday you add some more features and customization but if you don't it is still a great Theme. Thank you so much.
    09-18-09 12:08 PM
    good job on the theme
    09-26-09 11:11 AM
    Hi ... I know this is an old(er) thread but I just got my flip. I would really really like this theme as I sorely miss the Today theme from my 8120. I've tried and tried all the instructions people have left but I can't get away from the "no additional applications designed for your device were found" message. @msblueline I did what you said in reply #35 but I don't have the option to do this part:

Open the application loader. Click "START" under Add/Remove Applications.

Select "browse".

Select "Desktop".

Could it be the version I'm using? It's 4.3.0.17 from Nov 21 2007.

Thanks in advance ... please be nice to the noob ...
    09-29-09 03:51 PM
    nice theme!
    09-30-09 04:50 PM
    won't load for me... the theme downloads with only an ALX file, then when I try to install it I get a "not compatible with my device" error.

Please help.
    11-13-09 01:29 PM
    Hey could you post the home screen background? I love that black-fade to blue that is on the default app screen! If anyone knows where i can find it for the bold .....let me know Thanks!
    12-08-09 09:21 PM
    Great theme. I had a similar one for my original Pearl, but that one had one additional feature. If you set your Blackberry to separate Email and SMS messages, then the Today theme showed a separate SMS Inbox (first 2 messages) on the home screen.

Here's how you set that option on the BB:

Messages -=> Options => General Options => SMS and Email Inboxes =>
    Seperate

I hate to ask since you've done this for free, but any chance you can add this to your theme? It's really a critical feature for those who get dozens of email messages throughout the day (e.g. possibly copies they view first on their computer) but never want to have an SMS get lost in the email pile and therefore miss it completely...

Thanks!
    GREAT Idea. Followup?
    09-17-10 01:11 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD