Hey all,

I have the BB 8130 from Telus and I'm desperately trying to find a iPhone theme that works and is free! I've tried bPhone but my BB manager doesn't seem to let me load it using the application loader; even after extracting the files. As for OTA downloading, I keep sending the messages to e-mail me the links but I'm not getting them!

Someone please help me!

Also, I'm looking for a free application that'll change the colour of my BB trackball. Any help would be appreciated...

Last edited by BlackberryGal; 02-11-08 at 01:58 PM.
    02-11-08 01:25 PM
    There have been a couple iPhone/Apple themes posted on here, not sure if they are free though. Try searching and see if they pop up.
    02-11-08 02:31 PM
    Hey all,

I have the BB 8130 from Telus and I'm desperately trying to find a iPhone theme that works and is free! I've tried bPhone but my BB manager doesn't seem to let me load it using the application loader; even after extracting the files. As for OTA downloading, I keep sending the messages to e-mail me the links but I'm not getting them!

Someone please help me!

Also, I'm looking for a free application that'll change the colour of my BB trackball. Any help would be appreciated...

Problem one... you need to have a copy of the devices OS on your PC in order for the DT Manager to work properly. Down load it, install it, try again.
    Problem two... can not be done with software. There are NO colored LED's in the 8130. You can do it using a colored marked such as a sharpie, but that will void your warranty.
    02-11-08 02:39 PM
    What's the devices' OS? I'm a newb to BBs.
    02-11-08 02:50 PM
    It's the device's Operating Software.
    You need to have this loaded onto your PC. If not then you won't be able to load apps/themes onto your BB.
    Go to your carriers site and you can download it from there.
    You can also get it from BlackBerry's site.
    02-11-08 02:55 PM
    02-11-08 02:57 PM
    It still won't let me download the theme with the OS downloaded onto my PC...
    02-11-08 04:12 PM
    It still won't let me download the theme with the OS downloaded onto my PC...
    After you downloaded the file, did you install it?
    If so when you connect to the DT Manager, select application loader,
    did it bring up a page with everything that's on your BB?
    If so, select add ( top right) browse to the folder where you unzipped the theme files and select the one that .axl
    Click next and follow the options.
    If it loads, open options on your bb, go to themes, it should be there.
    02-11-08 04:20 PM
    Thats what I've been doing, but every time it just keeps coming up that 'there are no other applications designed for you device found' ...
    02-11-08 05:02 PM
    Sorry to repeat myself, just want to be sure all bases are covered.
    You downloaded and install the OS on your PC correct?
    Restart your PC and try again. Everyone that's had the same problems you are having is due to the fact the OS is not installed.
    I'm really trying to help, but other than what I have outlined, I at a loss.
    What version of DT do you have installed?
    What version of the OS do you have installed?
    What Windows you running?
    02-11-08 05:20 PM
    I've been having the same problem. I successfully downloaded and installed the most updated version of the OS from the verizon site today (v4.3). However, it still sends the message when i try to download the alx file that 'no other apps are found'. could this be a problem with the software on my blackberry?
    02-11-08 09:58 PM
    I've been having the same problem. I successfully downloaded and installed the most updated version of the OS from the verizon site today (v4.3). However, it still sends the message when i try to download the alx file that 'no other apps are found'. could this be a problem with the software on my blackberry?
    I see up by your user name it states you have a 8100 Pearl is this correct?
    Verizon doesn't even list a OS for that phone. Maybe you have a 8130?
    Also just to be sure, you download the devices OS, and installed it. Not the latest version of DT Manager.
    02-11-08 10:08 PM
    every apple theme i every try and get is COD and not a alx so i cant install maybe your having the same problem
    02-11-08 11:34 PM
    There are two pieces of software that you have to install - the Desktop Manager and the Device OS software. Once you install the Device OS software on your PC and launch App Loader, it will tell you that an update is available for your device and install the Device OS to your Pearl. Until the Device OS software is the same on the PC and your Pearl, you will continue to get the error mesage saying there are no new applications available for your device. I had the same issue for some time until the folks on here drove that into my brain. By the way, I use the bPhone theme on my Pearl and it's great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-08 11:50 PM
    I see up by your user name it states you have a 8100 Pearl is this correct?
    Verizon doesn't even list a OS for that phone. Maybe you have a 8130?
    Also just to be sure, you download the devices OS, and installed it. Not the latest version of DT Manager.
    I do have an 8130 I'm not sure why I put 8100 ha. But after double checking, I downloaded the Desktop Software Update, and not the Device Software Update. I'm updating the device software right now and hopefully it will do the trick. I'll let you know, thanks for your help.
    02-12-08 08:26 AM
    kth23...
    Like Umm Yea stated... We had to beat him over the head to get through!
    It's a little confusing, people just don't realize that you need both pieces of software to make it work. And it's not spelled out to clearly in the manual.

Keep us posted.
    02-12-08 08:50 AM
    Of course, you guys were right. Just wasn't paying close enough attention I guess, but now that I downloaded the right software all of my applications are loading just fine. Thanks again
    02-12-08 09:02 AM
    I have an 8130, and have the Desktop Manager installed and BB OS 4.5 onto my computer. I have been trying to download the Bphone theme from rogersmj.com but when I download it to my computer it comes up as a .jad file not .alx file, and therefore won't download to my BB... Any help on this would be great!!!
    08-17-09 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD