09-22-09 04:23 PM
35 12
tools
    Cory, you could just get a black wallpaper and make it your default background! Just a thought!

Click

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-07 04:23 PM
    I know this thread is a few months old, but thank you all for posting. This got me on my way to getting a lot of my questions answered. Thanks!
    03-24-08 07:42 PM
    I downloaded the ICON bphone theme it rocks!!!
    03-29-08 02:45 PM
    I've noticed that all the themes I've downloaded have changed the font for my tasks and messages (just the main messages screen, not the messages themselves). Is there a way to override this? I've found a few themes I'm really fond of, but I can't use them b/c I can't read my messages and tasks.

Thanks!
    03-29-08 05:47 PM
    Try going into OPTIONS - SCREEN/KEYBOARD, in there you can adjust your font size.
    03-29-08 06:12 PM
    i'm REALLY new to this.
    i've only had my bb 8130 for
    about a month.. and i'm so clueless
    about how to put a theme on it.
    i've been browsing, and i found one
    that looks like the iphone. and when i go
    to my desktop manager, and then to
    application loader, i try to add it and it says
    'no additional applications for your device were found'
    its saved to my computer, and everything, i just
    don't understand how to make it work..

help?
    it would be GREATLY appreciated!
    09-02-08 04:33 PM
    I had that trouble too, I needed to upgrade BOTH the computer and the phone with the latest software. Exactly where I found the upgrades, I cannot remember...another CB member had it in the posting.

Where did you dl it from? I know Handango had a problem in their dl program for the BB and I do not know if it was ever fixed. The best place to dl is right here at CB. If there is an OTA (Over The Air) dl then it will go directly to your phone and you can bypass the computer altogether. I will look around and see if I can locate the link for the upgrades. Sorry I cannot be more help.
    09-02-08 05:45 PM
    06-23-09 11:26 PM
    I'm right there with on the free themes, I would LOVE to sample a Iberry on my pearl! Please if someone finds anything let us know! I think tho we may have to wait since the 4.3 OS is kinda new, yea know? Who knows.

Chad
    I found a FREE iBerry theme on Gemblock...along with a few other themes for free.
    09-22-09 01:47 AM
    i'm REALLY new to this.
    i've only had my bb 8130 for
    about a month.. and i'm so clueless
    about how to put a theme on it.
    i've been browsing, and i found one
    that looks like the iphone. and when i go
    to my desktop manager, and then to
    application loader, i try to add it and it says
    'no additional applications for your device were found'
    its saved to my computer, and everything, i just
    don't understand how to make it work..

help?
    it would be GREATLY appreciated!
    the following method does not need the blackberry software whatsoever. Also, i do not take credit for this install method, I originally found it on a blackberry site a while ago and am typing it from memory.

if you downloaded a JAD file (needed for "over the air (OTA)" installs), and you want to install it offline (if you don't have a data plan or something), you will need the ALL the .COD files in addition to the JAD file to install the theme as follows:

1. in the case of the iberry theme that was linked on here, goto:
    gemblock.com/themes/iBerry_Today_Plus/81xx/ota/iBerry_Today_Plus.jad
    - remove the jad file from the url and look in the ota folder there are 6 COD files, download & save all of those to the same folder where the .JAD file is saved...

2. copy those files to a folder on the memory card in the phone (IE: blackberry\themes\iberry)

3. open the media player and "mouse over" the icon for pictures and press the menu button (on my pearl its the one with the dots that look like BB overlapped) and select explore, browse to the folder where the theme is stored and click the jad file (usually the file that's 1kb in size) then click the download button.

the theme should be installed as long as all the COD files are with the JAD file (it will not work without them).

it should be suggested that for those who only offer OTA themes, should mention that users will need all these COD files in addition to the JAD file, as a courtesy to those who don't have or cannot have a data plan for their blackberry...
    09-22-09 04:23 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD