Anyone know if there is the ability to modify the BB Dimension Today Theme? I rarely (actually never) use the call log so I would like to replace that option with something I use more often. I like seeing my upcoming appointments on the today screen as well as a small bit of info regarding messages that have arrived.

If the BB theme cannot be modified is there an alternative theme available with that option?
    12-19-07 03:28 PM
    On the 8830 I, hit menu to bring up the icon display, highlight the icon you want to move, hit menu and choose move application. Then you can drag the icon to one of the top spots with the trackball, click the trackball to place the icon. Hope this will work with your phone/theme.
    12-19-07 05:05 PM
    On the 8830 I, hit menu to bring up the icon display, highlight the icon you want to move, hit menu and choose move application. Then you can drag the icon to one of the top spots with the trackball, click the trackball to place the icon. Hope this will work with your phone/theme.
    Thanks for your suggestion. I can move icons on the "Applications" page but not on the "Today" screen. When you press menu on the today screen, this brings up the "Applications" page. I may have to try a third party theme to see if this is possible.
    12-19-07 08:39 PM
    I found a theme [free] the other day - it's the normal Today theme [messages, calender, call log] but you scroll to the way bottom and up pops a 'toolbar' of the top 5 icons you have on your applications page [so whatever 5 you put there]

very nice theme, i think i still have the link if you'd like. it's def. my favorite theme i've found - as close as I feel i'm going to get to being able to change the 'top 3' of it
    12-19-07 10:38 PM
    You can't modify the theme to show other things. You might try an application called PocketDay. It is perfect for this kind of thing. A Google search on it will likely bring up lots of info on it.
    12-20-07 12:20 AM
    John Clark: do you use PocketDay? I was looking at it, and it seems pretty good. Does it replace your Calendar and To-Do List app, or is it just a today screen program?
    12-20-07 06:02 AM
    I found a theme [free] the other day - it's the normal Today theme [messages, calender, call log] but you scroll to the way bottom and up pops a 'toolbar' of the top 5 icons you have on your applications page [so whatever 5 you put there]

very nice theme, i think i still have the link if you'd like. it's def. my favorite theme i've found - as close as I feel i'm going to get to being able to change the 'top 3' of it
    YES Denise I would like that link if you have it. This sounds like it may be perfect.
    12-20-07 07:28 AM
    You can't modify the theme to show other things. You might try an application called PocketDay. It is perfect for this kind of thing. A Google search on it will likely bring up lots of info on it.
    I just looked at PocketDay's website. Looks like an excellent program. I bookmarked it and will see if I can solve my question with Denise's possible solution. PocketDay may be unnecessary for how I use the device. Thanks for the link though.
    12-20-07 07:42 AM

Would you be able to send me that link if you still have it as well? I like that idea....
    10-17-08 11:53 AM
    that stinks
    03-29-09 02:17 AM
    what you are looking for is called a today plus theme, my personal fav. on the first set screen is calendar, usually the next two or three items in your cal, and messages then @ the bottom are 5 apps that you can change to the ones you use the most. I get mine for free @ themes4bb.com, you might be able to find some on this site under media in the forums

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 08:08 AM
    what you are looking for is called a today plus theme, my personal fav. on the first set screen is calendar, usually the next two or three items in your cal, and messages then @ the bottom are 5 apps that you can change to the ones you use the most. I get mine for free @ themes4bb.com, you might be able to find some on this site under media in the forums

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was just searching for Today Plus. How is that one working for you?
    09-04-09 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD