Hi everyone, i'm new posting here on the forums, but been lurking through the threads ever since getting my new Pearl 8130 in December.

I just downloaded the Yahoo Messenger application for my Pearl last night, and the first time around it installed just fine, showed up on the menu and everything. I used it for about 5 to 10 minutes, then decided that I wanted to move it from where it was located on the menu near towards the top of the menu. However, when I tried moving it, it suddenly vanished from my menu. For a while, the only way I was able to access it was by using the "Switch Application" feature. And then when I decided to log out of it, it just completely went AWOL.

I've only found a handful of posts regarding this issue, and i've tried working with the solutions they give, such as uninstalling from the phone, uninstalling from the computer, etc., but nothing seems to be working. I'm assuming this is a bug with the application, but if someone could help me figure out how to get it back to working normally on my phone, I would be very grateful because I use Yahoo Messenger a lot to keep in touch with my friends. Thanks.
    03-15-08 04:11 PM
    From the screen where you have all the icons, press menu, and select show all. If you still can't find it, look through any folder you have. You could have accidentally moved it into a folder.
    03-15-08 04:17 PM
    Nope I tried doing both of those things already but still no luck.
    03-20-08 03:50 PM
    I have exactly the same issue on 8300 curve. This happened only with the latest version 2.00 of Yahoo messenger. Previous version was ok.
    04-16-08 07:58 AM
    I found this and it worked...
    answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AgJpAJba.QOLQR1hQ9sWcwgjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid =20071103223110AAQiHFg
    04-16-08 08:29 AM
    Welcome to CB.
    summerchild
    nkribalis
    04-16-08 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD