I dont use this,but the icon is on my phone. If i go into advanced options>applications, it isn't there to delete. However, I can 'hide' the icon.

Is this actually installed on my BB, or can I just hide the icon and it will go away?
    02-25-08 08:22 PM
    It comes pre installed and as far as i know the only way to get rid of it is to go to options>advanced options>applications> scroll to Yahoo Messenger>menu>delete.

As far as i know it doesn't play an important part in the setup, but if anything fails on your BB, i am NOT responsible lol!

ShermanJames
    02-25-08 08:26 PM
    That's how I went to delete it, but like I said before.. it isn't listed under applications
    02-25-08 08:28 PM
    Then i would just hide it and forget it. I have no idea why it isn't in the application list. Mine is as i checked before typing my first post.

If you have NEVER used it you could try signing in once and then checking again. If it doesn't even open the application then it isn't on your BB to begin with.

ShermanJames
    02-25-08 11:39 PM
    you could also try to remove it from the dm, use the apploader and remove the check mark from the application
    02-26-08 01:41 AM
    you could also try to remove it from the dm, use the apploader and remove the check mark from the application
    To do this successfully you will also need to have the phone's OS installed on your computer. You can get this from your carrier's web site.
    02-26-08 01:48 AM
    I just opened the app, and it gives me the option to download it. So I'm assuming it isn't actually on my BB...I can just hide the icon and forget it.. right???
    02-26-08 10:45 AM
    I just opened the app, and it gives me the option to download it. So I'm assuming it isn't actually on my BB...I can just hide the icon and forget it.. right???
    Pretty much yup. It's like getting an AOL icon on a new PC. It's not there but it's screaming USE ME!
    02-26-08 10:49 AM
    hey wait a minute..did i just read that yahoo messenger comes pre installed on the BB!!! Where?
    02-26-08 12:19 PM
    hey wait a minute..did i just read that yahoo messenger comes pre installed on the BB!!! Where?
    Some carriers preinstall links to software. I believe I read somewhere Sprint does this with Sprint TV??? Who is your carrier?
    02-26-08 12:27 PM
    Some carriers preinstall links to software. I believe I read somewhere Sprint does this with Sprint TV??? Who is your carrier?
    Yeah, that swag comes pre-glued.

Can you not remove yahoo messenger thru the DM? Someone else mentioned this as well...
    02-26-08 12:35 PM
    I've removed all the pre-loaded messengers (except bbm of course), since I use JiveTalk. Don't need them installed.
    02-26-08 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD