I just noticed that I have a status indicator that looks like a small globe with the number 1 in front of it. I cannot find any mention of this in the Pearl 8130 documentation and would like to find out how to clear it out and what it means. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    05-18-08 09:35 AM
    Try a battery pull for at least 30 seconds, and check for it after.
    05-18-08 11:24 AM
    Hi, thank you for your prompt suggestion. However, after pulling the battery as you suggested the status indicator is still there. The globe looks like a circle with some colored spots inside and the numeral 1 to the left.

If I could only find out what it means. Anyone else with an idea or where I could go for additonal assistance?

Thank you.
    05-18-08 12:26 PM
    Open your browser, its a browser push message
    05-18-08 12:27 PM
    Thank you everyone for your help. I just opened my browswer (Google default page) and did not see anything out of the ordinary.

I don't understand what a push message is but did not see anything. So the indicator is still there.
    Last edited by bweiss; 05-18-08 at 12:57 PM.
    05-18-08 12:47 PM
    did you open internet browser or the media browser?

check THIS
    link, and see if the icon is there..
    05-18-08 12:57 PM
    Hi, I checked your link and the icon is not there. Is it possible that it is a saved web page or something. I had some Internet issues yesterday and saved the location since I was told that my location was out of range for data.

I looked at the icon under a magnifying glass and it does look the a small world globe with a black outline.

Very frustrating and I really appreciate your help.

I opened the Internet Browser.
    05-18-08 01:06 PM
    To check a Browser message, try this. Open your email application, then Menu, View Folder, Browser Messages. I've never received a browser message to be honest but this should resolve that question. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-08 01:14 PM
    Thats what i was gonna say. Its a browser message, check it the way described above.

Its a "saved" web page, and that icon was letting you know it was available..
    Let us know if that helped!
    05-18-08 01:17 PM
    Ok everyone. Thank you so much for your help. I found the answer but because I do not have 10 posts could not post the link.

It seems like when you are out of the area and try and access a page when you don't have data services you get two options "ok" and "save request". If you save request when the page becomes available you get the globe status indicator. So to clear the globe you need to find the page request in the messages list and next to the culprit you will see the same globe icon. Once you click on it and open the web page and exit, the globe status indicator dissappears.

It seems that others are frustrated by this. Now I know and I hope it has heped someone else.

It is tough being a Newbie :-)

And yes I was also able to see it under view folders as suggested above. Once you open the page and exit, the globe is gone.
    Last edited by bweiss; 05-18-08 at 01:30 PM.
    05-18-08 01:26 PM
    another reason it would pop up is...

if youre at work on the computer and your bb is out of signal, like mine is everyday... and you were to go to a website and decide to download a new app and have the "link" sent to your bb email/#/pin it will SOMETIMES come as one of these msgs. its actually kind of useful because all you do is click on this msg and the download screen comes up.
    05-19-08 08:01 AM
    Hi,

I too have this globe which refuses to go and have gone through all menu, view folder but could not find anything.... any suggestions ?

Regds
    12-24-09 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD