I have a verizon 8130 connected to BES. when i get new emails, it shows on my screen that i have new messages, but my settings for the vibrate/tone notification doesn't work. it's completely silent when i get emails. phone calls and sms messages vibrate and play the proper tone just fine, but my email just won't do it. which profile setting is that under? desktop messages? what are level 1 messages? why won't my phone play a tone or vibrate when i get an email? i had it set up before, and it worked fine. i recently had to wipe my phone and reconnect to the BES because i was having email issues, and now i'm having this issue with the email notifications. any help is greatly appreciated.
    02-18-08 01:27 PM
    some more info...i separated my email and SMS/MMS messages. I get vibrate/tones when i receive texts, but nothing when i receive email. I have all the notifications set up properly in the "messages (desktop)" section of my profile...yet still no notifications.
    02-18-08 03:25 PM
    Configure your profiles properly:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/
    02-18-08 04:23 PM
    thanks...but they are configured properly. like i said, it was working fine for a short time, now nothing. i just set my buddy's 8130 to the same settings mine are on...and his works fine when he gets email.
    02-18-08 04:48 PM
    Trust me, check again! I bet one of them is set to none. I work in I.T with 60 BlackBerry users, and on a regular I get this issue from them...

Just take your time, and check one at a time...
    02-18-08 04:51 PM
    i also work in IT, managing the BES i'm connected to, with about 30 users. i only posted this because i have experience, and still can't figure it out.
    02-18-08 04:53 PM
    When you re-added the device to BES, did it replace all your settings, i.e. the settings that was on BES (since BES holds a copy of the devices 'settings / profile'?

If yes, I suggest you:

1. Backup the device
    2. Delete your account from BES, as well as the 'statistics'
    3. Wipe the device...
    4. Re-add to BES
    5. Now do a restore, and then see what gives...
    02-18-08 04:59 PM
    hmm...funny you suggested that, that's exactly what i did when i re-added to the BES. I backed up, wiped, re-added to BES, restored, reconfigured all my settings, and now i'm here.
    02-18-08 05:00 PM
    Do you have a BIS account you can add to the device to see if that does the same thing?
    02-18-08 05:06 PM
    go to your profiles setting... scroll to advanced ... scroll to where you normally have your profile setting at normal, loud, vibrate, etc .. then press button left of the pearl and click edit ... something may be off in the settings hence your problem ...
    02-18-08 06:54 PM
    problem fixed. the restore i did before was corrupted. i took my berry home and did another backup/wipe/restore....works perfectly now.
    02-19-08 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD