Does anyone know about the possibility of getting a BB Pearl without a camera on Verizon? Is it possible? I mean my wife works for the government in a location where NO camera phones are allowed. For some reason she wants a BB but only the pearl so it can't have a camera. She hates the 8830 which is what I have and I don't know and she doesn't want a large phone. Any help? Thanks
    10-02-08 09:38 AM
    Someone mentioned not to long ago, that you could buy a solid back door for the 81xx that made it appear to have no camera and it was working for them. Do a Google and forum search and you should find it.
    10-02-08 09:41 AM
    Believe me if it was as easy as that I would go for it but it's not. There's a through inspection when she gets to work of both the car and herself and bags. They also check the phones pretty good!. Thanks for the quick reply though.
    10-02-08 09:47 AM
    I am afraid there is no way around this.

Pearls and Curves are consumer devices. The camera is "must have" feature on a consumer device.

I would be simple for BlackBerry to create one, just remove the lens, sensor assembly and the camera program code. Unfortunatly, they do not.

10-02-08 11:30 AM
    Ill be interested to see if a lot of places change their rules on this. Its next to impossible to get a decent, new phone without a camera. I mean come on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 12:49 PM
    It's next to impossible to get a decent, new phone without a camera. I mean, come on.
    My thoughts exactly! There's always this: Senior Cell Phones | Easy To Use Cell Phones | Emergency Cell Phones
    10-03-08 02:47 PM
    Does she work in Area 51? Jk.

You could always get a unlocked 7100 on Ebay. Its about the same size and has email and a web browser. Theres no media player, gps, etc. but this is probably the closest thing she could get to a Pearl without a camera.
    10-03-08 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD