I posted another thread earlier that talked about how one of the prongs in my Pearl is missing. As such, I can't charge my phone as of right now. I don't want to pay Sprint $120 to get a new phone. With that being said, I know there are other chargers on the market that don't use the USB port. Is the product below one of them? I'm very confused on this, and obviously don't want to buy something that isn't going to work. Thanks in advance! Sorry the link isn't clickable... the forum said I have to have 10 posts prior to being able to post a link (???).

shopblackberry.com/_blackberryaccessories/cgi-bin/go.cgi/webstore/product_detail?title=BlackBerry+8100+Charging+Pod-Siver&pid=F2222Q666HRWG9HS4A2]BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail
    08-03-08 05:58 PM
    If you are referring to the silver charging pod, YES. I have one for the Curve and is great
    08-03-08 06:11 PM
    08-03-08 06:14 PM
    I posted another thread earlier that talked about how one of the prongs in my Pearl is missing. As such, I can't charge my phone as of right now. I don't want to pay Sprint $120 to get a new phone. With that being said, I know there are other chargers on the market that don't use the USB port. Is the product below one of them? I'm very confused on this, and obviously don't want to buy something that isn't going to work. Thanks in advance! Sorry the link isn't clickable... the forum said I have to have 10 posts prior to being able to post a link (???).

shopblackberry.com/_blackberryaccessories/cgi-bin/go.cgi/webstore/product_detail?title=BlackBerry+8100+Charging+Pod-Siver&pid=F2222Q666HRWG9HS4A2]BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail
    you better get busy and post.
    08-03-08 06:15 PM
    Link to website

There ya go
    Great, thanks! So is that all I need to buy? Just buy that, stick my Blackberry in and I'm all set? Or do I need to buy anything else along with it?

haha, can't even quote posts with links in them?
    08-03-08 06:20 PM
    It works great. Before you buy it, you may need to evaluate your charging habits. You will have to carry the cradle along as you go about your day. Good Luck!
    08-03-08 06:23 PM
    Add insurance for $7, wait a few days, then exchange your phone.
    08-03-08 07:13 PM
    It works great. Before you buy it, you may need to evaluate your charging habits. You will have to carry the cradle along as you go about your day. Good Luck!
    I've gotten by in the past couple months just by charging it at night. So that shouldn't be an issue, assuming this thing charges the same as the cord. But I can't see any reason why it wouldn't.

pj41 -- I would've been all over that idea; however, with Sprint you have to add insurance within the first 30 days. Great idea though!
    08-03-08 08:59 PM
    I've gotten by in the past couple months just by charging it at night. So that shouldn't be an issue, assuming this thing charges the same as the cord. But I can't see any reason why it wouldn't.

pj41 -- I would've been all over that idea; however, with Sprint you have to add insurance within the first 30 days. Great idea though!
    That used to be the case, but I was able to add insurance to a broken phone and put in for repair/replacement the same day just last month. (It wasn't a blackberry...it was my son's Katana II)
    08-03-08 09:34 PM
    Yes that silver one will work for charging. But what will you do when you need to do something via Desktop Manager/USB cable? For example, update your OS, install a zip file theme, restore delete apps, or do a back up? But yes it'll definitely work as a short term solution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 09:40 PM
    That used to be the case, but I was able to add insurance to a broken phone and put in for repair/replacement the same day just last month. (It wasn't a blackberry...it was my son's Katana II)
    I did it with my daughter's phone. The guy at the sprint store actually told me to do it that way.
    08-06-08 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD