I just got my first 8120 blackberry and i'm quite clueless about something here. I'm on t-mobile and i didn't get the internet plan coz there is no data coverage for t-mobile where i work, and almost no voice as well . Anyway, the reason i got the 8120, is that i have access to wifi at work where i spend most my life and i got the WEP code and logged in but i was never able to open any webpage.

Called tech support of my wifi and they say i have to enter the proxy server address on any wireless device in order to get a connection and they have no support for BBs.

So does anyone know where these settings are entered? I tried every single menu and submenu but didn't get to it.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    07-29-08 11:14 PM
    anyone??

is this a browser setting or a phone setting?

If it is a browser setting, can i download another browser that has this option configurable?
    07-31-08 08:56 AM
    Check out my "Complete WiFi Guide"

It will get you all set up and ready to rock!

Link in my signature! Welcome to CrackBerry!

*EDIT* : If you actually need to use a proxy server while at work, I am unaware of any settings you can change on your Berry... but check out my guide and see if that can help
    07-31-08 08:58 AM
    thanks for the reply and it seems you have a quite comprehensive quide over there.
    Still i couldn't find any instructions for setting prpxy server, or does it?
    07-31-08 09:10 AM
    There are no directions on a proxy server??

Does all the internet at your office (wired and wireless) connect through a proxy?

I have honestly never had experience with my Berry and a proxy! Sorry... I can try to look into it!

Do you have your browser set to "WiFi Browser" as my guide states you should do??
    07-31-08 09:17 AM
    I followed all your guidelines for wifi and still nothing worked. And yes the IT dept says everything must have the proxy settings put in in order to get to the internet. I checked a couple if dektons and they both go thru proxy server.
    07-31-08 09:48 AM
    Yeah man... nothing I can do really! Not had experience with a Berry and a proxy server. Honestly, I am not sure if it is even possible

Sorry I will try to look it up... but who knows!
    07-31-08 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD