I have a 8120, and I know it allows me to roam the internet without charge, while using wi-fi, but i have no clue how to even use wi-fi?
    please explain how to turn it on and use it?
    04-28-10 04:16 PM
    Manage Connections, Set Up WiFi Network, connect to your desired network just as you would on a PC...

Make sure the Browser is set no navigate as Hotspot Browser as Default or you will be charged for data usage if you don't have data plan. Disable everything that has something to do with WAP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 04:31 PM
    Manage Connections, Set Up WiFi Network, connect to your desired network just as you would on a PC...

Make sure the Browser is set no navigate as Hotspot Browser as Default or you will be charged for data usage if you don't have data plan. Disable everything that has something to do with WAP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    is there a way that i can set my phone to not let me get on internet, unless it's wi-fi?
    04-28-10 05:34 PM
    go to manage connections shut the radio off, thats what i do on my wifes 8900
    04-28-10 05:52 PM
    i have a pearl 8120
    04-28-10 06:26 PM
    We Pearl users have Manage connections and Radio too, you know? That's a really crappy solution because you can't use your phone service then...

You can look for Permissions in Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications. Then press Menu key and Edit Default Permissions and set it to deny the connection to your carrier's network for every app.

As for the Browser, do what I did and you're safe to go.
    04-29-10 01:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD