I just got a Blackberry Pearl 8130 from Verizon and I must have downloaded at least a dozen themes that say they're for the 8100 series. When I go to the Application Loader through the Desktop Manager and try to load one of these themes, I get an error "No additional applications designed for your device were found". I must be missing something and it's starting to drive me nuts. Has anyone successfully downloaded a theme to their Verizon Blackberry 8130? If so, how?

Many thanks in advance!
    01-02-08 11:44 AM
    You really need to search these forums. This is detailed several times. Do a google search for "Blackberry FAQ"
    01-02-08 11:47 AM
    I've been searching. I haven't found anything. I was hoping for a little help here.
    01-02-08 12:25 PM
    try downloading over the air (OTA):

Themes4BB.com| Free BlackBerry Themes| Multimedia For Your Berry

try that...

-db
    01-02-08 01:18 PM
    I hear your pain Gahawn! I too am having troubling finding downloads (games) that work on my 8130.

You need to have three things installed.

Device Software on Blackberry
    Device Software on Computer
    Desktop Manager on Computer

It is not included on the CD you recieved with your phone.
    01-02-08 05:59 PM
    Did any of you guys unzip the files before using the app loader?,this might help.
    01-02-08 06:05 PM
    I hear your pain Gahawn! I too am having troubling finding downloads (games) that work on my 8130.

You need to have three things installed.

It is not included on the CD you recieved with your phone.
    Hi...the following link and instructions were posted by orle8050 and it really helped me as I had the same problem. As orle and JHazon said, you MUST have all 3 of these things installed in order for it to work. The DEVICE software is first downloaded to the Computer and installed...THEN you plug in your 8130 and then you can update the device itself; once they are BOTH updated with that patch, then it will work:

These are the instructions: BlackBerry Search Results

You MUST install the Device Software on your computer in addition to Desktop Manager.

Hope that helps...
    01-03-08 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD