i have the 8130 and was curious to see who put the 4.5 os on this phone, i have verizon so i dont know if its possible.........thnx
    10-07-08 11:05 PM
    I have done it. I have a verizon.. Its real easy to do just delete the vendor file.

However my phone ran like SH*t at first even though I had tons more memory. I started with 24m and now have regularly 14 15 with lots of apps installed.

Now I had to wipe the device. It was a pain my boss told me that 4.3 prob had a lot of reg for the third party apps that was causing issues.. after the wipe the phone is so much better.

I highly reco. made me want to keep the phone. was thinking about goin curve but this kept me with the pearl.
    10-07-08 11:12 PM
    I have Verizon and also upgraded. I too have quite a few apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 11:14 PM
    thnx guys...........is there a specific link for the verizon upgrade? the ones i see are for dif carriers and dif countries, is a wipe a must? thnx again
    10-07-08 11:36 PM
    thnx guys...........is there a specific link for the verizon upgrade? the ones i see are for dif carriers and dif countries, is a wipe a must? thnx again
    Nope just grab the one for the 8130. Once installed on your PC you will need to delete the vendor file. It worked perfect on my Verizon 8130.

10-08-08 01:14 AM
    I have a Verizon 8130. I upgraded and at first my phone kept freezing on me and I had to keep pulling the battery. After two days it stopped acting up and is now running great. Much faster and I am liking the html email (had to resend service books). I haven't had to pull the battery for almost a week now, I'm happy.

10-08-08 05:31 AM
    Be sure and follow the direction in this link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/new...anguage-75433/

It will tell you how to delete the vendor file.

10-08-08 09:23 AM
    Oh the html emails ROCK!!!

10-08-08 09:24 AM
    I have it running on my sprint phone. I just typed a whole bunch of stuff in another thread about it....
    10-08-08 09:24 AM
    I, too, installed it and it ran fine.
    Loved the wonderful memory management and media player upgrades.

But one thing killed it for me and made me go back to the 4.3 os.
    The media player now only accepts about 2-3 video codecs as opposed to the 8 that it accepted before. I didn't feel like re-encoding all of the videos and movies on my media card to that new codec/format so I decided to go with the 4.3 os.

I had come up with the plan to modify the 4.5 OS with the media player module from 4.3 but my research was sidelined by real-life/work/other projects/loss of interest.

Dm
    10-08-08 11:12 AM
    I have been running 4.5 for months and have had no issues what so ever. The updates keep getting better as well...
    10-08-08 11:27 AM
    I have Verizon and installed the Sprint 4.5. It installed easily with no problems. I cannot, however, get my email to show html. I cannot find where to set it. I tried Messages>Options but I see no place to check to show html. Anybody know?
    10-08-08 01:28 PM
    I have Verizon and installed the Sprint 4.5. It installed easily with no problems. I cannot, however, get my email to show html. I cannot find where to set it. I tried Messages>Options but I see no place to check to show html. Anybody know?
    open your e-mail folder and hit menu>options and then e-mail settings. Make sure HTML Images is set to yes. I also recommend resending your service books a couple of times. Scroll to your e-mail settings icon, click it and go to options and select send service books...
    10-08-08 02:07 PM
    I had to delete my email on  and at BB. I reset it up, resent my service books and now it is here.

10-08-08 02:40 PM
    Anyone have any idea why, after following the directions given, it tells me that I have the latest software and it tells me its 4.3??
    10-08-08 08:00 PM
    I have a sprint 8130 and have 4.5 installed and it works great. Html email is the $hit. The media player is updated a little bit and its runs better with more memory.

10-08-08 08:40 PM
    sprint 8130 here w/4.5OS and works great!
    had the browser lockup on me the other day. wouldnt let me get my bookmarks and I was stuck on some page saying to accept something.(not the initial browser fireup after upgrage if your thinking that) so i reset the phone with softreset and now it works fine.

love the media player equalizer that really enhances the sound of your music. very nice. havent tried html email yet. doesnt really interest me atm.

ya it sucks that the video codec support went out the door. oh well i didnt have too many movies and they are easy to get and transcode. just sux though anyone have luck customizing the codec support?
    Last edited by craig198; 10-09-08 at 08:35 AM.
    10-09-08 07:11 AM
    im done with my pearl.. i hate it i need a new BB
    10-09-08 10:45 AM
    best phone I have ever owned. so I cant complain
    10-09-08 01:08 PM
    I have it on my VZW 8130...works great, big boost in memory as well...Cant complain...
    10-09-08 01:23 PM
    No idea what to do with the codecs just yet. I have a feeling that they are hard-coded into one of the COD modules that the phone loads when you load the OS onto it.

I just haven't determined which one it is....

Dm
    10-10-08 10:45 AM
    I upgraded this last week and it works great. I was getting Java errors and I haven't since. Verizon doesn't offer the download, but it works nonetheless.
    10-13-08 07:58 AM
    I've got an 8130 from verizon. It works fine, but I'd really like to be able to use the built in gps. Would installing an OS from a different carrier enable it or is it only possible to use with the vz navigator?
    Last edited by Flapjacks; 10-13-08 at 12:00 PM.
    10-13-08 11:56 AM
    A new OS won't enable the GPS. Sorry.

10-13-08 12:00 PM
    A new OS won't enable the GPS. Sorry.

Bummer. Thanks.
    10-13-08 12:18 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD