So I have a silver Blackberry Pearl 8130, and it has been working fine lately other than my battery dying a little faster than usual.
    But today I had my phone in my backpack, and as soon as I got out of class and pulled out my phone, my screen had turned blank white ! So I did a battery pull and waited for about a minute then put it back in, but since then, my phone's screen stayed black. The light stayed red for a couple of seconds while the battery was back in, but after that it went back to nothing as well.
    I left my battery in my phone, but I noticed that my phone had gotten extremely hot inside, as well as my battery, so I just took it out and left my battery away from my phone.

When I got home, I plugged my charger into my phone, and tried to turn on my phone again, but the screen stayed black. I got 2 vibrates, so I'm assuming it was texts, since my LED light was blinking red, but switching intermittently between that and the green light for low battery? It was also vibrating when I tried calling it from my home phone. Again, the back of my phone got hot and the battery was hot, so I just took it out.

Sorry it's so long ! I just wanted a thorough look at the problem. Does anyone know what's causing this? Nuked battery, anything? Unfortunately I bought this phone off of someone else, but it has worked wonderfully for the past 6 months. The warranty is void though, so I can't return it to Telus. ): What do I do?
    Last edited by drielle; 03-04-10 at 08:29 PM.
    03-04-10 08:26 PM
    Could be the batterys overheating..did you ever drop the phone?
    03-04-10 08:30 PM
    Probably have dropped it several times.
    But I don't think I have in the past couple of days though.
    03-04-10 08:55 PM
    Probably have dropped it several times.
    But I don't think I have in the past couple of days though.
    Invest 10-15 bucks in a new battery. It shouldn't be getting hot. Remove the old battery and don't use it. If you can't get a battery immediately, take it to the phone store and they should be able to test it.
    03-04-10 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD