Ok, I have only loaded a couple of applications on my 8130 such as LiveSearch and the ESPN site link from the blackberry website; but, if I go to status, my dev memory is down to 8.9... I'm a little worried because I read these posts talking about losing call logs and messages... Is this the 'memory loss' that everyone keeps referring to????? Help...

bigric
    01-22-08 10:04 AM
    what else you have on your deivce??? music, pictures, when is the last time you did a battery pull.....

8.9 is low... we gotta try and get it up around 12-13.....
    01-22-08 10:19 AM
    Yeah, 8.9 is pretty low. First thing you should do is delete all the language files you don't need. I deleted all languages except for English and that opened up another 10MB of space. I also deleted the "sample video" and that opened up another 2MB. Right there you've got 12MB of space by deleting stuff you'll never need.
    01-22-08 11:05 AM
    I've had the ame problems. I deleted everything that's not absolutely necessary, and I still only max out at 9.6 after a battery pull.

What gives?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-08 04:41 PM
    Sounds like y'all need this:

Optimize your BB's Memory
    01-23-08 04:46 PM
    Follow the instructions to update to Sprint's v4.3.0.81 OS (it won't change the phone from Verizon to Sprint, but will install the updated OS on the phone). When I got the phone, it hovered at or around 9-10MB. By updating the OS, deleting unnecessary languages, deleting the OEM pictures/backgrounds and deleting the sample video, I currently have 16.5MB, give or take (right now it's at 16,431,863 bytes). This is with GMail, Opera, JiveTalk, VZ Navigator, Google Maps, Google Docs, Google Update, Soft Reset and Monopoly downloaded onto it.
    Last edited by AdamCKach; 01-23-08 at 10:36 PM.
    01-23-08 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD