okay my hubby has a pearl from us cellular . he has a bad memory leak going on and I am trying to clean up his berry so it will work better for him. one thing I am trying to do and it is not working is clean out his applications but when I go to advanced options and look in the applications there are many applications missing like facebook, yahoo messenger, yahoo search, google talk, and there are more.
    I swear they should be there I erased them off of my curve like that so what happened to his ?

thanks
    06-23-08 11:33 AM
    Maybe they were never there.

Those are 3rd party applications that are usually installed by the user.

How much free memory does he have?
    06-23-08 11:38 AM
    Check the service books.
    06-23-08 11:41 AM
    they are there .. there on his home page or dose that not matter ?
    he only has 4354985 bytes thats cuz I went through it and cleaned up as much as I could last night it was at zero !!!
    he has a 2 gig memory card and stores all that he can on there.
    06-23-08 11:44 AM
    they are on the service books can I DELETE them from there?
    06-23-08 11:47 AM
    06-23-08 11:47 AM
    YEAH thats how I was going about cleaning it up was using that info ..
    thanks!
    06-23-08 11:48 AM
    they are on the service books can I DELETE them from there?
    I Do. Can you do me a favour though once you have deleted them. Pull the battery for 30 Seconds. Put it back in and power the phone on. Let me know if they come back cause mine never did until yesterday and I spoke to tech support and they told me it was normal for the phone to resend the service books whenever you power cycle the device. My only problem is it had never done it before and want to know if this is supposed to happen or not.
    06-23-08 11:50 AM
    I will try that he just left for work will be back around six but when he gets home I will do that and let you know what happened.

thanks to you all when I get the phone back in hand I will be back on with more questions Im sure!!
    haha.
    06-23-08 11:55 AM
    They are still on the home screen (the icons) but the apps are probably gone.

Do a battery pull (or I prefer Alt-RShift-Del) to reset his device. This will finish the un-install.

Then follow Stoners guide to optimize the memory for that dreaded Pearl. Those things have all kind of memory issues

Good luck!
    06-23-08 12:01 PM
    Thanks..

My curve rocks ... no memory issues at all .. lol.
    I tell him he needs to take over my curve when I get the BOLD !! Well now that I think about it I think he needs to get his own .. keeping mine for myself !!
    06-23-08 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD