This problems has happened before, usually i would just take out the battery a couple of times and it would start working properly again but this time it will not stop.

What happens is that when i scroll up on the ball it starts press 7x7x7x. i thinks i am pressing the letters 7 (cv) and @ (zx) and like i try to press the red phone button to cancel it, it takes a while sometimes i don't know why tho. im found that by scrolling up and making the letters appear then press the red phone exits it. it will not just let me press the red phone to exit. It also seems like its lagging for some reason maybe its process the letters im not exactly sure.

Possible root of problem - I take it into my shower room (to play music occasionally) and when i get out of the shower i look to see what time it is (by pressing the button) it has happened before but it would only be for a few mins. The problem has lasted now for 5 days.

What I did to try to solve the problem. - i read an online guide on how to clean the trackball, i did that very carefully. but it back in and it did not fix the problem, BUT!! i took out the battery and using compressed air to clean the back. Put it all together nothing change.
    Let me mention that it did start working better tho after a few days before it wouldn't let me press anything now i can text and call people with the hassle of canceling the buttons it thinks im pressing. Before it wouldn't even let me answer phone calls.

I went to the AT&T store the guy open the back and said that i had water damage because there's a thing that suppose to be white but it was red. I know for a fact that it was because i sprayed compressed air and i know for a certain that is not the reason it broken. All the times i took out the battery to reset it i would of notice if that color changed.

So i found that i do have insurance on it but it says im not covered for liquid damage. (does this type of liquid damage covered?) I do not know what to do. Since they think its water damage but its not do i tell them i was cleaning it and that's how it got wet or what?
    Is there a way to fix this?
    Please help me!
    oh and i hard reset it too and that did not fix the problem.

Thanks for your time please help me im in desperate need of it. Thanks alot bye
    Last edited by megamario3; 05-26-09 at 07:52 PM.
    05-26-09 07:49 PM
    Wow, AT&T is ridiculous, I literally dropped my pearl in the toilet once and Verizon still let me collect insurance.

I would tell them that you dropped the phone outside, and it got very dirty and so you gently cleaned it and that must have resulted whatever they are seeing as liquid damage.

If he says no ask for a manager and explain again. If you're still getting a no, keep fighting it, and I would say something gentle as in - "Sir (ma'am), I am not lying to you and I find this very insulting."

Good luck!
    05-28-09 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD