Seriously, what is the point of having a map app if Verizon disables the GPS on their 8130s? Am I missing something here, because the BB Maps app seems worthless to me. Should I just delete it? Is Google Maps a better option?
    02-13-08 06:48 PM
    02-13-08 06:55 PM
    I like Google Maps, removed BB Maps

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/goo...-8130-a-10379/
    Again, what is the point of a map app without GPS?
    02-13-08 07:23 PM
    I generally know where I am (which is what a gps would help with). If I don't, at least I can get within a screen's location with google's almost gps. Anyway I use maps mainly to map address for places I'm going to or address from my address book. I make sure I have full addresses for appointments just in case I get lost. I just used it today to find the closest gas station from my work address. So I guess, even without GPS, the maps are still useful.
    02-13-08 08:06 PM
    how do i get google maps on my 8130?
    02-13-08 08:22 PM
    Visit "www.google.com/gmm" from your BB browser.
    02-13-08 08:34 PM
    I generally know where I am (which is what a gps would help with). If I don't, at least I can get within a screen's location with google's almost gps. Anyway I use maps mainly to map address for places I'm going to or address from my address book. I make sure I have full addresses for appointments just in case I get lost. I just used it today to find the closest gas station from my work address. So I guess, even without GPS, the maps are still useful.

Good point. I will install Google Maps just for that reason.
    02-13-08 09:57 PM
    I really dislike the new version of Google Maps, and find Live Search to have more functionality. To answer the question posed by the OP: you can do a LOT more with map software than just get directions.
    02-15-08 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD