I would suspect that if he changed to a default theme, we might be able to determine exactly what the icon is. I'm guessing it's voicemail, and if he would call CS, they will clear it for him being it is on the network.

claire
    Problem is, in a previous post, he also already showed that he went back to a default theme, and the same icon was still showing up. He also looked up all his carrier's icons, and it didn't show that particular icon as any sort of message indicator. I'm guessing that it is some sort of application that he loaded on his phone that sends messages to his phone indicating that a voice note is left for him somewhere.
    01-10-09 03:28 PM
    I notice you are AT&T; maybe something having to do with PTT?
    01-10-09 03:36 PM
    dknyberry thanks for the help. I did some more trial and error stuff last night and uninstalled some of my apps to try and pinpoint it, But that darn icon is still there argg...

Galatians51 I am on AT&T, but I took out the PTT function from the OS since I do not use it.

I just got off the phone with AT&T support and they cleared out the Voicemail and did some test, but the icon is still there.
    01-11-09 12:30 AM
    The icon next to the number 1 in his picture is the icon indicating that he has 1 voicemail (I just left myself a voicemail on my Pearl, and it gave me the exact same icon). However, he is talking about the icon next to the number 4 on his picture, and that one does not show up on my phone after leaving a voicemail, so it is not that.
    ya that's the one i was taking about too but I am wrong anyways. sry i am a bad boy.
    01-11-09 01:21 AM
    i believe that is a blackberry messenger vioce message. check it out.
    01-11-09 11:07 AM
    Here's my two cents...I looked it up in several user guides and no dice, but my personal experience. On my Curve my voicemail icon was the tape you have 1 of, on my Storm it was the icon you have 4 of. Not alot of help I know.
    01-11-09 11:19 AM
    i believe that is a blackberry messenger vioce message. check it out.
    i just sent myself a voice note on bb messenger and the usual smiley face pops up not a message indicator
    01-11-09 01:03 PM
    i just sent myself a voice note on bb messenger and the usual smiley face pops up not a message indicator
    It's amazing that NO ONE on crackberry can figure this out!
    01-11-09 04:52 PM
    Thanks everyone for their help though.
    dknyberry I agree as I dont have any really weird thrid party apps.

Here they are:
    Antair Spam filter
    Facebook
    Myspace
    Jivetalk
    Mobile Bartender
    and Phoney call.

and my OS is v4.5.0.102
    01-11-09 07:48 PM
    Thanks everyone for their help though.
    dknyberry I agree as I dont have any really weird thrid party apps.

Here they are:
    Antair Spam filter
    Facebook
    Myspace
    Jivetalk
    Mobile Bartender
    and Phoney call.

and my OS is v4.5.0.102
    so is phoney call worth it? not compatible with the pearl but i think it's a great app
    01-12-09 12:28 AM
    if i'm not mistaken, this is the FAX mail indicator.. it happened to me years back.. try and call your CS once again and ask them of any fax services you might accidentally have...

HTH
    01-12-09 11:08 AM
    That almost looks like the old-fashioned 35mm film (the icon next to the 4). Did you call Verizon or get this figured out, yet?
    01-12-09 06:25 PM
    For Gods sake figure this out!! It's driving us crazy!!!! LOL
    01-12-09 09:55 PM
    For Gods sake figure this out!! It's driving us crazy!!!! LOL
    LOL. I know, really! Can't ANYONE on Crackberry figure this one out?! Inquiring minds want to know!

Over 1300 views of this thread, and still no one can figure it out! Forget the round robin prize where all you have to do is post a reply after seeing the video...that's no challenge. The answer to this should be the challenge, with the winner to get a new BOLD!
    Last edited by dknyberry; 01-12-09 at 10:38 PM.
    01-12-09 10:29 PM
    Still have not been able to figure this out yet. When I called ATT they suggested that I erase everything and re-install the OS. So I might be doing that soon. arrggg..

As for this being a fax icon I checked my features online and do not have any fax services enabled. I have not confirmed this with ATT support yet cause I have not had time yet, but I will soon.
    01-13-09 11:18 AM
    According to Blackberry documentation, it isn't a standard "status indicator" (see pages 21-23 of http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliver...kBerry_Zen.pdf ). I'd have to agree that it is an indicator leftover from some application that you have/had installed.
    01-13-09 11:40 AM
    I wish I wouldn't have read this post. I don't know what it is either and I'm going to be banging my head against a desk until I or someone else figures it out. Wouldn't the good way to prove it's not any of the apps be to get a message from all of the apps and see if it goes up?
    02-09-09 10:58 PM
    With the Verizon pearl...don't you get visual voicemail? Its relatively new. Is that what it is? Not on Verizon yet so I can't help much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bweston1; 02-09-09 at 11:09 PM.
    02-09-09 11:03 PM
    Haha sorry my bad...I meant AT&T. I think they have the same service...check it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 11:09 PM
    Did you have, or do you have any kind of VoIp or skype. Could it be a voice mail from that kind of service (looks so much like the voice mail). Had to ask, grabbing straws here. I see you have done everything so far, but hadn't seen that question yet.

I went on to Google and searched every kind of icon indicator I could find, of course, no luck.

Best of luck to ya.

msblueline
    02-10-09 02:18 AM
    I have the same problem on my Storm. I have had it since I bought it (legitimately from VERIZON). It also has a '4' and not even another number!

I've done everything that has been suggested and it's driving me crazy as well!
    02-21-09 10:03 PM
    can you post a list of your installed programs? It has to be from a 3rd party app.

Also look in your sound profiles advanced settings, is there some program in there where you can adjust sounds to, that it might be referring too?
    02-22-09 03:06 PM
    Ok interesting breaking news with this.. So I had a Bold 9000 laying around and I upgraded the OS on it and then switched SIM card from my pearl to the Bold and I get this same icon with a 4 next to it on my Bold too.. Annoying!!!! Bold has no apps installed or anything. arggg... Maybe its linked to the SIM card?
    03-12-10 05:09 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD