So i was playing with my pearl and i ended up doing something funny to my text messages. I used to have text messages and emails stored in my phone from early july til now. But yesterday all of those message condensed into like 2 per day and then next thing i know i had TWO messages on there period! and i KNOW ive been getting text messages because ive been sending them to myself to test it out. It sucks! All of my friends can receive my text messages but i can receive theirs and right after i send a text message it disappears from my phone instead of staying in there like it used to.

any idea how i dug myself into this hole and if its possible for me to get out? thanks.

-ohthatzhott
    09-06-08 10:08 AM
    you have low memory go to options>status and tell me the free file memory number.
    09-06-08 10:10 AM
    It certainly sounds like low memory.

Once you've checked what Pltaylor has suggested I would recommend reading this

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    09-06-08 10:15 AM
    you have low memory go to options>status and tell me the free file memory number.
    My free file # is 10581249bytes is that a low number?
    09-06-08 10:38 AM
    yes when it gets low (10 and below) it begins to delete messages and call logs to preserve memory. Download and run CrackMem and you'll be fine.http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/ also follow the guide Grit mentioned
    09-06-08 10:40 AM
    You have 10.5 mb free. The thread I posted suggests that roughly 12mb is required for things to run smoothly.

I would suggest following the steps in the thread and then report back letting us know whether that has cleared things up
    09-06-08 10:42 AM
    Yep, our pearls have poor memory management. It is what it is...
    09-06-08 11:19 AM
    You have 10.5 mb free. The thread I posted suggests that roughly 12mb is required for things to run smoothly.

I would suggest following the steps in the thread and then report back letting us know whether that has cleared things up
    Im trying to follow the thread right now but i'm having a problem. I can't delete applications OR move ring tones from my device memory to my memory card. When i click options there is no delete for either of these things?

any suggestions?
    09-06-08 11:42 AM
    If you are deleting unwanted applications then you would `do this by selecting Options> Advanced Options>applications. Find the application you wish to remove , hit the menu key and then delete.

The guide by Reed should be fairly easy to follow, especially the initial steps. If you want a more automated process then the CrackMem app that PlTaylor gave you the link for equally is straight forward. Just a case of ticking a couple of boxes and the sample vid and wallpapers have gone etc
    Last edited by gritmaster; 09-06-08 at 11:53 AM.
    09-06-08 11:44 AM
    thanks so much for your help. i followed the steps and was able to free up a decent amount of memory. i now have 16059736 bytes free. Thanks so much for your help/patience!!

-ohthatzhott
    09-07-08 02:20 AM
    I am gald you got things sorted. Enjoy your Pearl
    09-07-08 02:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD