Hello all. I'm stumped on something and hoping someone out there can help me.
    I recently bought a new theme (saltwater) - though don't know if this has anything to do with it.
    Now, when i receive a text - i get a little icon displaying a text msg and a number representing how many are awaiting my attention - as I do also for missed calls, facebook message.
    I have a new icon i've never seen before - the number 1 next to a bubble (the same bubbles that appear next to some websites i've bookmarked). I've been through all my applications and have nothing outstanding to be checked, and i've made sure I close all sites properly.
    What am I missing? What does this bubble icon represent? It's really bugging me! I've even rebooted and it's still there!!
    I hope i've described this annoyance well enough for someone to tell me what it is and how to resolve it!
    Many thanks all,
    Jules
    10-30-08 05:37 AM
    Is it similar to a speech bubble because that could be some sort of messenger app. On mine, it's windows live messenger that does that.
    10-30-08 07:49 AM
    Voicemail maybe?? That would explain one reason it would still be there after a reboot.
    10-30-08 08:05 AM
    Thanks you guys for your suggestions. Unfortunately - it isn't a speech bubble - plus i've checked my messenger and there's nothing there, and i've also checked my voicemail - and i have no messages waiting.
    Any other suggestions??
    Jules
    10-30-08 11:45 AM
    Ive got the same thing on my new Bold, I cant figure out what the **** it is. Not email, BB messenger, text, voicemail, nothing I can find.
    11-05-08 06:58 AM
    I just figured it out. Its the icon for Google Talk. It means you've got unread chats in the Google Talk app.
    11-05-08 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD