Hi everyone.
    I'm very new to all this.
    I'm coming from a Palm III (very old).
    With the Palm, I would enter data on my calendar & address book with my pc and then dump it into the palm.
    It appears that you can't do that with the BB software that comes with it?
    02-29-08 04:44 PM
    I use a Palm Tungsten E, which I've been syncing with my MS Entourage (macs version of Outlook). I was able to move all my Entourage data (contacts/calendar/tasks/etc.) to my BB with ease.
    02-29-08 04:56 PM
    I use my homepage with Yahoo. I load my stuff up on that thing and when the time comes, I run a sych. All that I have done with the BB and the Yahoo Calendar become one.

ALL TOO EASY.

I too come from old-school Palm. The chances are lessened of losing ALL of your stuff now; something that I dealt with on the Palm more than once.
    02-29-08 05:57 PM
    I use my homepage with Yahoo. I load my stuff up on that thing and when the time comes, I run a sych. All that I have done with the BB and the Yahoo Calendar become one.

ALL TOO EASY.

I too come from old-school Palm. The chances are lessened of losing ALL of your stuff now; something that I dealt with on the Palm more than once.
    Can you give me step by step instructions how you sync'ed you phone with the Yahoo Calendar??

Thanks!!
    Laurie
    03-01-08 09:25 AM
    For work I sync with MS Outlook on a Windows PC. At home, I sync with Pocket Mack on a MacBook Pro.

You can enter your calendar events, address book entries on either your BB or the desktop and sync them to the other device/pc.
    03-01-08 10:42 AM
    Wow, I just tried the Yahoo calendar too and it worked perfect! All I did was select Yahoo in my BB Desktop sync software.
    One other thing about Yahoo is that it imported my whole Palm Desktop address book perfectly with ease. That let me dump it over to my BB as well.
    03-01-08 12:26 PM
    Laurie,

Yeah, pretty much what dloreski said. On the desktop, syching with the yahoo calendar is an option...so click it. Give it your password and get to it. If you already have a yahoo homepage, you are pretty much set. I had to putz around with the Yahoo for about 10 minutes to nail down the specifics, and then I found it. I added what needed to be added and every time I log onto the desktop, the two synch. Be sure you have the sych that goes from BB to Yahoo and from Yahoo to BB (the arrow goes both ways).
    03-01-08 01:48 PM
    I use Google calendar and have it sync over the air to my BB. Works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-08 01:56 PM
    I can't ever get that verification text from google to be able to wirelessly sync my calendar, but I use gmail flawlessly...weird

03-02-08 02:04 PM
    Hmm, what verification text is that? Are you using the Google Sync app for blackberry?

03-02-08 02:19 PM
    I am new to the BB, and was looking for a calendar to synch like I could do with my old Palm. I tried Google calendar and it works really well. I still wish that I could synch my Palm Desktop calendar with the BB. Has anyone been able to do this?
    03-07-08 11:49 PM
    I can't ever get that verification text from google to be able to wirelessly sync my calendar, but I use gmail flawlessly...weird

all you need the verification for is to get sms reminders.
    03-08-08 12:25 AM
    I use Outlook. All the good reviews on Google makes me want to try that!
    05-21-08 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD