This might be a dumb question but, on my blackberry 8130 the water indicators do not match...on my phone the water mark is white but on my battery it has little pink "x" on it. Is that correct or has my battery been exposed to water?
    04-28-08 11:00 AM
    That is normal. Don't be concerned bout it. If they turn completely pink, then you may want to worry.
    04-28-08 11:01 AM
    If the solid white turns pink, or the X's start to smear then you have water damage. Solid white and Pink X's are fine.
    04-28-08 06:19 PM
    Water indicators? What? I missed something. Help please.
    04-28-08 06:35 PM
    My battery has a solid red stripe through it, but my phone is just blank. I would think that if the battery got wet so did the phone bc the water indicators are right next to eachother. Does anyone else have the red stripe on the battery?
    08-27-08 09:55 AM
    Sunmark, when they make the phones they place stickers inside the case in certain spots that react to water by changing color. Therefor letting them know that your phone wasn't defective, you just it dry out and tried to say it was defective.

Mine just recently got replaced. With Sprint, I don't know if it's any different with other providers, there's no doubt that it has been wet. My stickers turned a very bright, deep pink. Almost purple. The entire sticker too.
    08-27-08 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD