I've owned a BlackBerry for almost a year, but I'm still somewhat of a BB Newbie, so bear with me!

I had a BlackBerry Pearl (v4.3) that I used as a modem on my laptop via the BB Desktop Manager (v4.3). I live in an area that doesn't have good coverage, but picked out the areas in our house that worked the best and typically stationed myself there to use the internet...all that was fine. Then last week, I ordered a warranty replacement (my original BB was going nuts - deleting my contacts, calls, and messages regardless of whether or not I had the SD card in it), and I got it in the mail yesterday. I jumped through the various hoops to get my service switched over to the new phone (v4.5), and ever since then my internet connection has been spotty at best. It will "connect" every time, but over half the time will not load anything online, giving me the "check internet connection" type error pages. Do I need to get the new version of the Desktop Manager? Why would it only work part of the time if it's not compatible or something? Any help offered will be appreciated!

Oh, and I use Windows Vista.
    Last edited by MommaCorrianna; 07-01-09 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Grammar Queen :)
    07-01-09 01:38 PM
    I would personally try the new desktop manager. I know that's about the only way you can update your phone now.
    07-01-09 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD