Hello all, this is my first post on a great site! I'm having trouble with my second verizon pearl within two weeks. The problem is with my voice dialing. When pressing the voice dial button the prompts are ordinarily heard on the headset speaker. However, after using the wired headphones that come with the device and then removing them to use the phone normally, the prompts when voice dialing are now coming from the external speaker, not the headset speaker. This has happened to both phones, and both times after usung the wired headphones. I've been digging through the menus for days now and can't find a solution. The three demo models at the Verizon store work correctly, with the prompts heard on the headset speaker, as did mine before plugging in the headseat. Any advice, or is this another BB bug we have to live with? Thanks.

**update** I took my BB wired headphones into the verizon store today. I pressed the voice dial button on the demos, and the prompts were heard from the headset speaker. I then plugged in and then unplugged the headphones. The prompts were heard from the external speaker. They are all doing it! there is no setting to restore it! What the heck RIM? I can't keep my bluetooth connected either, it's frustrating. Many of the demos at two different stores were frozen or close to it due to memory loss which I cleared up for them. I want to love my Pearl, the features and UI are awesome! But, there sure seems to be some common issues. Did RIM test this thing before releasing it? Somebody talk me out of returning it for a Razr!
    Last edited by aplomb; 12-22-07 at 08:36 PM.
    12-22-07 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD