2 days into my first ever BB... sinking.. send . helpppppp..............

Package Version: 4.3.0.126
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.3.0.65
    Software Platform: 3.1.0.34
    File name: 8130EFS_PBr4.3.0_rel126_PL3.1.0.34_A4.3.0.65_Telus .exe
    File size: 102.0 MB

Telus as you can see 4.3.0.65, their current version seems so inadequate to the likes of higher number versions like .81 and .97

I noticed a user in the forum thread for the upgrade for .97 from US Cellular had Telus in his profile so this makes me wonder if upgrading is something I should consider too?

What am I missing ?
    02-23-08 08:14 PM
    wait...

you are on telus with version .126???

whats higher than that out there?

-db

or have i been eating my ****** sandwiches again
    02-23-08 08:17 PM
    yeah, this package seems to be the latest ? pass me a samich please !
    02-23-08 08:19 PM
    lol @ the sandwich You're confusing Package Version with Applications.

Applications is the OS version
    02-23-08 08:26 PM
    Most of us just refer to the application version, not the package version. I believe 4.3.1.97 is the latest (application) version.
    02-23-08 10:06 PM
    The biggest difference, and why most people switch from Verizon's is eliminating the confirmation after holding down the mute button...

Also when installing a new OS is a great opportunity to free up memory...examples include not installing the built in pictures, ringtones, language packs etc.
    02-23-08 10:38 PM
    The biggest difference, and why most people switch from Verizon's is eliminating the confirmation after holding down the mute button...

Also when installing a new OS is a great opportunity to free up memory...examples include not installing the built in pictures, ringtones, language packs etc.
    Wegmans-

Did you upgrade? Any issues? Would you recommend it? I am on Verizon too, hate the confirmation issues, but I dont want to upgrade and then have other issues. Give it to me straight... I can take it!

Dan
    02-23-08 11:46 PM
    Most i've heard from haven't had any other issues with the upgrade. You can always downgrade. (if you can find a copy of what you have on your device now.)
    02-23-08 11:49 PM
    On my Pearl(VZW) I have 4.3.0.97 and it is fine!
    02-23-08 11:50 PM
    Well there you go, and there are plenty of good instructions on this site that explain everything.. i would read the thread on freeing up memory (which covers NOT installing pictures and things when you put a newer OS on your pearl)
    in addition you should read all the ones on installing a newer OS on your pearl...

The only reason I might be hesitant at this point is because RIM are supposed to be releasing OS 4.5 in the near future, so if you have free time to play around, then definitely do it, but if not and you don't know your stuff, then hang out for a while until 4.5 comes out...

I've also heard that Verizon might not release that OS, but regardless we all know we can put on Telus or whatever network's OS on any pearl... so either way you will probably upgrade in the next few weeks/months no matter what

hope this helps!
    02-24-08 01:43 AM
    alright, update done. looks like it cleared some 10.0M of space (from 12.0M free out of the box to 22.0M after update), other than that I'm not noticing any other changes.

TY for the advice guys.
    02-24-08 05:06 AM
    fazbender... try putting your BB into standby. No more prompt.
    02-24-08 07:13 AM
    fazbender... try putting your BB into standby. No more prompt.
    Standby prompt was removed in Telus .65 and subsequent, so no diff there for faz.

Only us VZW .60 folks had to deal with prompt until we upgraded.
    02-24-08 07:18 AM
    standby info is correct , was never an issue. whats great though is the new options when using the app loader. a big woooot there for sure !
    02-24-08 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD