Say for example if me and my parents go back to The Network and I get the 8130, can the Sprint OS be used to get rid of the crap/bloatware Verizon includes and also to unlock the GPS, or just a simple vendor.xml edit should do?
    10-14-07 01:03 PM
    I'm not sure I understand the question...
    do you want to use a verizon 8130 on sprints network? I'm almost positive you cannot.
    I also don't think you will be able to "unlock" the gps...(I hope I'm wrong on this one...)

-db
    10-14-07 07:19 PM
    I'm not sure I understand the question...
    do you want to use a verizon 8130 on sprints network? I'm almost positive you cannot.
    I also don't think you will be able to "unlock" the gps...(I hope I'm wrong on this one...)

-db
    No, I think what hollister wants to do is put the Sprint OS on the Verizon BlackBerry to get the GPS working. That won't work though, I am pretty sure. Otherwise I don't think anyone would be complaining about the GPS.
    10-14-07 07:23 PM
    No, I think what hollister wants to do is put the Sprint OS on the Verizon BlackBerry to get the GPS working. That won't work though, I am pretty sure. Otherwise I don't think anyone would be complaining about the GPS.
    Yes, and to wipe the Verizon crap they bring over from the regular phones off.
    10-15-07 02:14 AM
    wont hurt to try it i guess
    04-03-08 09:47 PM
    I have read success stories of Sprint OS on Verizon to get rid of the verizon stuff. Everything I heard seemed that it worked out ok. Only thing I believe that caused issues was the people who use the actual verizon features.... Im assuming Get It Now and things like that maybe?? Cant help you there.
    04-03-08 09:53 PM
    I have Verizon and I was using US cellular OS and could still use VZ navigator without problems. Not sure if it unlocks the phones GPS though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-08 01:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD