Do a battery pull after the update. I have yet to have an issue with .127
    06-24-08 10:30 AM
    the upgrade solved my opera mini issue.

the only thing that seems to be different to me is that the font during calls, "Connected to ####" seems larger and bold compared to before. the menus might also seem bigger.

i changed my font from 9 to 8, but this doesn't seem to affect all text all the time. is there a way to change the font of menus and such?
    06-24-08 07:44 PM
    Ok, so I'm new here, and I just got this phone maybe 2 weeks ago.... THIS has been my problem wit hthis phone all along. I downloaded this update because I thought it would help my problem, but apparently it's not the update that was causing the problem. I called Verizon this weekend and the lady had me completely wipe my phone and do a reset. It wasn't a problem for me because I haven't got to put a whole lot on the phone yet since it is new and all, but I did have a lot of songs that I downloaded, some were stored to my card, some to the phone (I had some stored to the phone before I bought the card, which was causing a problem). She told me that EVERYTHING has to be stored to your card or it will eat your memory and erase your SMS and call lists. It was so bad for me that when I would miss a call I would get the "View Missed Calls" button and as soon as I would push it, I would see nothing! I guess my little phone was pretty filled up! So I hope this helps anyone else who is having this same problem!
    I had these issues way back in November 2007. Verizon changed my Pearl out for a new one three times, each one did the same exact thing. I didnt have anything stored on my Pearl, everything was stored on my card. It always happened after two to three days. All emails, text messages, call logs would be completely wiped out and when I would recieve a phone call if I missed the call it wouldnt show up in my call log, it would delete .... I called my phone to watch and see what it was doing. Finally gave up ... they offered me the BBWorldEdition ..... there were things it did not have so I passed and settled with the LG Voyager .... well I am now back to looking at BlackBerry's ...... thought Id check to see if the Pearl is still having memory leak issues, looks like people are still having this issue.
    Anyone know anything about BlackBerry Curve????
    06-24-08 09:38 PM
    This is a great update.....Thanks.
    06-26-08 08:39 AM
    I was very pleased when I found about out this update. A few weeks ago I couldn't zoom in on the camera and after the update was completed it worked just fine.
    07-01-08 02:05 AM
    Okay I did mine this weekend and I don't like that the Icons are so big. It used to be 5X5 on the screen now it's 5X4 (5 columns and 4 rows or 4 columns and 5 rows) haha I forgot this stuff
    07-21-08 12:19 PM
    I never noticed the icon setup... Probably because I was too busy enjoying less memory leaks and better battery life LOL. I did the download 2 weeks ago. The update was stopped near the end of the process... I thought I was screwed but after a lengthy phone reboot, I saw that the update did indeed take. I did a restore and I got my contacts back, but I lost my browser. A quick call to tech support fixed that and I've been up and running since. Will the Pearl get the new 4.5 OS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 08:45 PM
    I wish v4.5 would come out.
    07-23-08 03:34 PM
    Werd...

07-23-08 07:38 PM
    im not sure if anyone noticed on verizons website or not but when you go to download .97, they show i believe its .127. im not sure how to get it but since all 8130's can use any carriers updates, i got .127 from sprint but havent upgraded yet
    08-02-08 07:51 AM
    Im having troubles installing the .97. I do everything but it doesnt start installing when I hook my phone up and start desktop...
    08-02-08 11:28 PM
    Will the next firmware unlock the GPS on the 8130?
    08-10-08 08:22 PM
    Will the next firmware unlock the GPS on the 8130?
    Doubt it, Verizon has crippled these as well as all there phones.
    09-03-08 10:37 PM
    OMG are all upgrades that big? Im new to BB and only have dialup lol.
    10-20-08 06:29 AM
    I am new to this site and just got a bb 8130 Pearl and is there some software update for mine or since I just got it will it already have updates...
    10-26-08 09:59 AM
    How do I get this to work? When I click the link I get an error from the Verizon site... Is this the latest update.

I'll try again tomorrow but I didn't know if I was missing something or a newer update. I currently have OS 4.2. on an 8130
    10-30-08 12:29 AM
    How do I get this to work? When I click the link I get an error from the Verizon site... Is this the latest update.

I'll try again tomorrow but I didn't know if I was missing something or a newer update. I currently have OS 4.2. on an 8130
    I also can not download the software.. anyone have a mirror?
    10-30-08 05:02 PM
    OK here's my deal. a few onths back I DL 4.5.0.77 for my pearl. I can't remember what carrier it was from. I know it wasn't Verizon which I am a proud member of the family. What's the big difference in this update and the one from about a month ago?
    11-03-08 08:01 PM
    Verizon has released 4.5.0.77 for the 8130

BlackBerry® Software Updates
    11-03-08 08:04 PM
    I upgraded to 4.5 on my pearl 8130 all well but no preloaded pics anymore, where did they go?
    11-08-08 01:52 AM
    OK here's my deal. a few onths back I DL 4.5.0.77 for my pearl. I can't remember what carrier it was from. I know it wasn't Verizon which I am a proud member of the family. What's the big difference in this update and the one from about a month ago?
    sam, there is no difference. verizon has "officially" certified .77, but it is no different than what the other carrier has released.

Actually .89 has been released by Alltel, & with Verizon just buying Alltel, I'd anticipate .89 becoming available on VZW's website. I have loaded .89 & haven't had any problems.

Just an FYI....according to BB, the 8130 must have .81 or higher to use the 16gb microsd card.
    11-08-08 10:09 AM
    Verizon has released 4.5.0.77 for the 8130

BlackBerry® Software Updates

This link doesn't seem to work. Is there another site to get the upgrade?

Thanks,
    11-20-08 10:48 PM
    So I got it all worked out, I updated my Desktop manager to v4.5 and my device software to v4.5.0.77 and I tried to remove Voice Dailing and a few other apps I don't need. I went through my computer>Program Files>common files>Research in Motion>Shared>Loader>v4.3... So no v4.5 has loaded on my computer so I can remove all the other extraneous applications I dont' need.

Help Berry gurus!
    11-21-08 01:13 AM
273 ... 91011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD