Was browsing phonearena.com this morning and realized that the 8130 was on the 'discontinued' list so I went to vzws website and it's no longer up for sale!
    07-07-09 09:59 AM
    I noticed that last week when I was debating which phone to get my son. He'll get a curve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 10:48 AM
    I noticed that last week when I was debating which phone to get my son. He'll get a curve

I'm thinking of getting the Curve or Tour.. not sure which.
    07-07-09 11:02 AM
    I figured as much since they've been giving them away for practically nothing lol. It's sad though because the pearl is a nice cute phone
    07-09-09 06:59 PM
    I will miss my Pearly when I get my Tour on Sunday, it's been a fantastic device for me, sturdy and reliable all the way...
    07-09-09 07:02 PM
    I hope they bury that keyboard layout along with it...
    07-09-09 07:07 PM
    You obviously have no clue what your talking about. Many BlackBerry veteran's who know they'll be pounding out lots of emails, SMS, etc. will take the Pearl over the Curve because of SureType. It's must faster...
    07-09-09 07:12 PM
    No clue? It's called an opinion, sorry if it differs from yours. Many Blackberry veterans choose a full keyboard. Doesn't change the fact that I hate the Pearl layout. Your results may vary...
    07-09-09 07:22 PM
    I have had my pearl for almost 2 years and it has taken some serious abuse. Just a month ago it flew out of the tank bag on my motorcycle and hit my friends bike behind me before it tumbled on the pavement and into the ditch at 60+ mph. The back cover flew off and the battery came out. Never did find the battery but I did get the phone and the back cover. The screen didnt get a scratch on it thanks to the stock cover but the edges that were exposed got ground down pretty good. Popped a new battery in and it works just like new. I can type very fast with suretype, faster than my friend with his WE. The only problem is with certain words that I have to stop and select, or with new words that it doesnt recognize. Its gonna take some getting used to when I switch to the tour this sunday, but my pearl will never be forgotten especially since it is my first blackberry.
    07-09-09 11:45 PM
    You obviously have no clue what your talking about. Many BlackBerry veteran's who know they'll be pounding out lots of emails, SMS, etc. will take the Pearl over the Curve because of SureType. It's must faster...
    No clue? It's called an opinion, sorry if it differs from yours. Many Blackberry veterans choose a full keyboard. Doesn't change the fact that I hate the Pearl layout. Your results may vary...
    I must say I do love SureType, but in my field of work there are some words that SureType just won't get so i have to enable multi tap just to hammer out one word. Eventually SureType picks up on most of them but still a nuisance sometimes. I had a LG phone with a full keyboard and it got kind of anoying. I think i would prefer the Pearls. as well.
    07-10-09 08:19 AM
    Well as soon as I eligable for an upgrade with verizon in a few months I will be saying good bye to the Pearl. In my opinion it is a great beginner BB device but as I have started using it for more and more stuff it seams to be becoming more and more frustrating to use to blast emails, pay bills, ect... Suretype is one point of my frustration so Good bye to that and hello QWERTY. The other thing I will not miss is the phone locking up on me five times a day. It seems like I might be trying to do to much for the phone.

Now the Debate begins continue on with newer badder BB or become company compliant and use a Windows Mobile phone. The HTC Touch Pro 2 is looking tempting but so is the BB Storm2 and Onyx.
    07-10-09 01:35 PM
    I have enjoyed my Pearl. Once I got used to it the suretype never bothered me. I will also be getting a Tour once I am eligible to upgrade in November.
    07-10-09 04:13 PM
    I wasn't sure how I would feel about suretype, but since I used it, I LOVE it! However, I'm saying goodbye to my Pearl.. not sure what to get next
    07-10-09 06:11 PM
    Yeah, the Pearls were introductory phones for me and my son just to get used to while waiting on our upgrade in Sept. He'll get the curve and I'll of course get the Tour
    07-10-09 06:39 PM
    Was browsing phonearena.com this morning and realized that the 8130 was on the 'discontinued' list so I went to vzws website and it's no longer up for sale!
    Thats Stupid! ha
    07-11-09 12:22 AM
    BEWARE pearl users...... this should make accessories a bit cheaper.
    07-11-09 01:25 PM
    *be-aware, more appropriate
    07-11-09 01:26 PM
    Yep. Just in time for me to pick up the Storm 2 (Odin). Not 100% but gonna go that route I believe.
    I don't get it. It's a good phone...for the most part. Why unveil the flip Pearl and discontinue the brick? Dunno.
    07-11-09 08:07 PM
    I liked the size...the physical size. It fit in all my pockets.
    Just like brains. When God asked what size I thought he said trains. So I said, "give me a little one so I can play with it."
    07-11-09 08:10 PM
    my pearl is retiring after this wednesday. finally moving over to the tour, and a bigger screen. i'll miss using suretype.
    07-13-09 11:31 AM
    that phone wasn't half bad.
    07-13-09 01:07 PM
    I must say I do love SureType, but in my field of work there are some words that SureType just won't get so i have to enable multi tap just to hammer out one word.
    You do know, don't you, that you can add words to the SureType list.
    07-14-09 10:24 AM
    man this sucks. my first smartphone BB and they go and discontinue it. just when i found the games i like, and had it all set up smoothly. i even managed to hold my memory steady. Now they go and do this. i'm upset, no upgrades or nothing no more hunh? Dang! and i had my suretype set up with all my words. would love to have the Tour but no suretype, i might have to get something else.
    07-21-09 10:28 AM
    Hah I felt the same way BEFORE I got my friends Storm. Not as bad as I thought!

07-21-09 10:31 AM
    I just got a new 8130 on Friday. Well, it was a warranty replacement. I love the keyboard. It took me about 5 minutes to get the hang of it. I like the big buttons. They work good for my big fingers. I don't think I would like the full keyboard with the tiny keys.

I like how the pearl fits so nicely into my pockets. I never liked wearing a phone on my belt. It just feels odd. Kind of like the farmer who wears a special pouch on his belt to carry his pliers everywhere he goes.
    07-21-09 01:07 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD