Can't open attachments on my Pearl 8130 from Yahoo mail. Can I add a browser that will turn web page addresssed to links or help with attachments? Photo, video?

Not sure what my options are?
    [email protected]
    Brett
    06-11-08 09:43 PM
    What kind of attachments are you trying to open? I don't believe you will be able to find any solutions for your problem. The only other browser alternative is Opera Mini. www.operamini.com
    06-11-08 09:55 PM
    That brings up a question about Opera Mini, When i downloaded it on my Pearl, it took up too much memory and started dumping all of my messages and call logs. Any ideas on how to free up some memory? Things I don't need?
    06-11-08 09:58 PM
    That brings up a question about Opera Mini, When i downloaded it on my Pearl, it took up too much memory and started dumping all of my messages and call logs. Any ideas on how to free up some memory? Things I don't need?
    How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com
    Why is my BlackBerry losing its call logs or message logs? - BlackBerryFAQ
    How do I free up memory on my device? - BlackBerryFAQ
    How to Increase BlackBerry's File free memory
    Optimize your BB! How To Setup for max free memory!
    06-11-08 10:09 PM
    Thanks for the info! However, under my File Free section, it still says I only have 3 bytes free (if I'm reading it right). Any ideas?
    06-11-08 11:23 PM
    3 bytes is nothing... That would be 00000003 bytes. Anything less than 12000000 Bytes is low.
    06-12-08 12:09 AM
    Ok, I've tried freeing up space on my BB, but it sill resets itself and erases EVERYTHING!! All my call logs, messages, conversations...I don't understand! There is nothing left on my BB to erase it seems!!
    06-16-08 03:27 PM
    opera mini ... love it ..

just wish i could make it my default ..
    06-16-08 03:30 PM
    Ok, I've tried freeing up space on my BB, but it sill resets itself and erases EVERYTHING!! All my call logs, messages, conversations...I don't understand! There is nothing left on my BB to erase it seems!!
    I wonder if your bookmarks are set to read off line and your browser has downloaded webpages/sites. or something like that.
    06-18-08 10:57 PM
    Haha there is always something left on your BB to delete

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 09:16 PM
    Thanks for the info. Does anyone know if I can attach pics saved on the phone to emails that I send via yahoo through the browser?
    07-08-08 06:09 PM
    Opera Mini isn't compatible with Verizon phones, if you read the fine print.
    08-17-08 07:54 PM
    Opera Mini isn't compatible with Verizon phones, if you read the fine print.
    And yet it runs just fine on my Verizon Wireless 8130....
    08-18-08 12:54 AM
    It was running great on my 8130. Then it got really slow. And my phone started acting weird again. So I deleted it, I might get it again. I'm trying viigo again now, I didn't know how to work it before.

I have verizon.

Lindaga35

08-18-08 01:01 AM
    That's weird because I haven't had any problems with opera I love it

08-18-08 11:13 AM
    Could it be the carrier?

Lindaga35

08-19-08 05:43 AM
    It's not a carrier issue I can assure you of that because from what I've seen from just this thread is we all have Verizon. With that being said I currently have Mobile IM, VZ Nav, ESPN, Cellbrite PhoneBook Client, Opera Mini, and 9 themes installed (5 being the ones that were on my Pearl when I purchased it) along with the normal BB stuff. I have 10308120 bytes = 10.3 mb of free memory out of 50.4mb. I did free up some memory out the box by doing the suggested. I did have Yahoo GO! for sometime but did notice some memory issues with it and it's lack of having what I needed and wanted at my finger tips. I suggest making sure if you have bookmarks that you save with the auto synch off. I also clear out my messages, call logs and web memory out every night before I charge my phone. Hopes this helps at least one person.
    08-24-08 04:07 PM
    whoa whoa whoa having my bookmarks set to 'read offline' takes up memory? i've always had it like this because it the default. should i change immediately?
    08-24-08 04:13 PM
    whoa whoa whoa having my bookmarks set to 'read offline' takes up memory? i've always had it like this because it the default. should i change immediately?
    Never had a problem with that, but I did with the auto synch. Seemed to drain the battery alittle faster also.
    08-24-08 04:17 PM
    whats auto sync?
    08-24-08 04:22 PM
    It will synchonize the web page everytime you open your browser, which when you open up your bookmarks and click on the link it does the same thing so I just leave it set on Never
    08-24-08 04:28 PM
    oh ok i understand
    08-24-08 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD