I want to update to 4.3.0.97 from Verizon but when I go to that link I just get prompted to dl the new desktop manager.

I think I downloaded & installed the desktop manager (should the desktop manager also be 4.3.0.97 because mine says 4.3.0.15 does that mean the desktop manager didn't install correctly?)

I'm not getting prompted to dl or install the OS upgrade for my 8130 when I open Desktop Manager..
    03-18-08 08:52 AM
    On my 8130 I currently have 4.3.0.60 so I should be getting prompted right? Whats the deal CB addicts?
    03-18-08 09:24 AM
    What link are you using?
    There are 3 options - desktop manager, OS and VZ Acess download.
    03-18-08 09:38 AM
    yea i just saw that i had only downloaded the desktop upgrade not the device upgrade, stupid mistake on my part, any way to delete this post forever to stop it from wasting space on the internet?
    03-18-08 09:40 AM
    You need to download the new desktop manager. The new software and updates are in the new desktop manager. Kind of weird on how they do that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-08 09:55 AM
    You need to download the new desktop manager. The new software and updates are in the new desktop manager. Kind of weird on how they do that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is incorrect. The Desktop manager does not have any updates included. The desktop manager is only there for you to sync, backup, import/export media, etc. If you have an update you want to apply to your device whether its an OS update or a 3rd party application, you MUST download that particular update separately and install it on your computer. Once it is installed on your PC whenever you connect your device and launch the Desktop manager it will recognize that you have an older version on your device and prompt you to install the updated version. Then the rest is done by the Application Loader. Hope this helps.
    03-18-08 10:38 AM
    Yeah, what greystealth said.
    03-18-08 08:23 PM
    The fella at the verizon store gave me a piece of paper with the instructions and a link to visit.

Here is the link to get the correct update BlackBerry® Software Updates

Then click on personal email if that applies to you...then it is pretty much self explanatory from there.
    03-18-08 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD