Hello,

Is it ok to use two batteries in the same blackberry. I have 2 so when one runs out I can pop the other in and vice versa. Verizon told me it saves the life of the battery if you let the it completely drain before recharging it. Let me know if I'm hurting anything by using two.

Chris
    Last edited by casetzer; 05-18-08 at 02:55 PM.
    05-18-08 02:53 PM
    There is no problem doing this but I suggest that you swap the batteries regularly, say once a week. Lithium-Ion batteries do not have a memory effect but the do have a shelf life which means that if you have two new batteries today then the probability of both your batteries failing at about the same time - within 3 months of each other is probable but there is no guarantee.

I do this with three batteries because I bought a 2 pack on ebay for not much money.
    05-18-08 03:34 PM
    With Ni-Cads and Nickel Metal Hydride batteries you were supposed to run them down but I heard with Lithium-Ion you should try to recharge at 20-30 percent.

Does anyone know if its true?
    05-18-08 06:03 PM
    It want hurt your battery at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-08 06:22 PM
    With li-on batteries, its suggested to top them off frequently, as there is no memory, so theres no need to drain it and then recharge it.

Although, swapping batteries will not cause any problems at all, i do it as well..
    05-18-08 06:26 PM
    Cool, Thanks everyone.
    05-19-08 03:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD