i uploaded the stupid software to my computer cause i wanted to move new ring tones to my brand new phone.
    it prompted me to restart my computer for the software to finish uploading or whatever have you. i proceeded. logged back in to use the software and it would not work for me. it would open the main screen but once i tried to go into media manager it froze up and a bunch of crap.. I don't really remember, I just know I was extremely irate with it because it was BRAND NEW. I attempted to un-install the software, which it would not allow me to do. Whilst all of this was happening, windows kept popping up saying windows needed to configure roxio media manager. Being unsuccessful, I went into Program Files and manually deleted the folder itself. Tried restarting to discover now I just had the same pop up windows[as said before. roxio media manager configuring] continually bothering my internet browsing. Tried to just ignore them and just move along my merry way, however, nearly moments later it would ask me to restart my system for the changes to take effect? I went along with it the first time, but the next 5 million times I just ignored it so I could browse. But halfway through my sessions, it restarts my computer anyway.

I've called tex support and they have no idea what to do.

I've tried deleting all sources of the program I've seen on my system but somehow it keeps trying to upload some software that doesn't exist. NO, the disk is still not in the drive. I have even tried system restore back to a few days before I even uploaded the actual software. It wont allow it.

Any ideas?
    01-31-09 04:26 PM
    Since the phone is brand new and not working due to their software, just return it for a new one. The alternative is to wipe and reload your OS.
    01-31-09 08:39 PM
    well my phone is working just fine, actually... it's just my computer acting up on account of the software. and as a result i cannot even go online for more than 15 minutes to a half an hour at a time??
    02-01-09 09:28 AM
    You seem to have had an install issue, and then incorrectly uninstalled the program. You cannot ever just delete files and expect a program issue to go away. You still have registry files etc that are on your system. You can try to reinstall whichever program it was, as you weren't clear which one it was. If that doesn't work you can use a registry cleaner, but could be looking at a fresh install of your system.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD