I'm having trouble setting up a friends blackberry for use with hotmail. It keeps saying that I need to upgrade her hotmail to another setting to use with outlook or outlook express. Any one have any help or can walk me through this?
    12-03-07 12:40 PM
    its been a while since I used Hotmail, but if I recall, the basic 'free' account does not allow POP3 message forwarding if the account was created after 2003 (?)... basically, you have to upgrade to the premium hotmail account similar to what Yahoo does with its basic/upgraded membership.

Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction.
    12-03-07 01:12 PM
    its been a while since I used Hotmail, but if I recall, the basic 'free' account does not allow POP3 message forwarding if the account was created after 2003 (?)... basically, you have to upgrade to the premium hotmail account similar to what Yahoo does with its basic/upgraded membership.

Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction.
    Yes that has been my experience as well.
    12-03-07 01:15 PM
    I use my hotmail account and I haven't had any problems with it..then again, I've had my hotmail account forever! So, I'm not really sure what the issue is.
    12-03-07 08:52 PM
    I use my hotmail account and I haven't had any problems with it..then again, I've had my hotmail account forever! So, I'm not really sure what the issue is.
    I did a little research...if the account was created before 7/16/2002, you get free POP/IMAP mail forwarding...if after, you have to pay for the upgraded version.
    12-04-07 02:39 AM
    is there a way to do email forwarding from the hotmail acct to say a gmail acct and then link that one to the blackberry? or is my friend screwed?
    12-04-07 10:00 PM
    is there a way to do email forwarding from the hotmail acct to say a gmail acct and then link that one to the blackberry? or is my friend screwed?
    If it is a POP/IMAP issue, the problem is with HotMail not forwarding the email to anywhere, regardless of whether it is your BlackBerry, Gmail, or what not. Your friend may just have to pony up the amount for an expanded account. (it should be in the $20 a year range, not too expensive)
    12-05-07 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD