So, I downloaded the new VZW .97 OS....

I connected my BB to my laptop with DM open...and nothing happens. It doesn't offer to update. Just...nothing. Does this mean that the VZW .97 really is the same as a US Cellular .97 I had already on my device?

Since I installed the US Cellular .97 my BB has been extremely laggy, BB messenger has been really buggy, and I've had to do several battery pulls.

I'm now just frustrated and don't know what to do!

Can anyone help me? My BB never acted up until I installed the US Cellular .97 and now it's horrible and I want to throw it!
    02-26-08 10:18 PM
    I have Verizon but i upgraded to .97 us cellular - mine still works fine but wondering same thing - since I have VZW should I do it with the .97 vzw?

When did it come out - I never got a notification ???
    02-26-08 11:32 PM
    Kristin... Reason you didn't see any change when you connected to the DT Manager, is because they are both the same.
    Not sure why you are having the issues with .97. I'm running that with no issues to speak of. Do you have a lot of apps running? What is your free memory?
    02-27-08 04:38 AM
    Pete is right! No need to do any update! It wont let you. So i wouldn't even try as its a waste of time. I would move on!
    02-27-08 05:27 AM
    So, I downloaded the new VZW .97 OS....

I connected my BB to my laptop with DM open...and nothing happens. It doesn't offer to update. Just...nothing. Does this mean that the VZW .97 really is the same as a US Cellular .97 I had already on my device?
    Yes, an update/upgrade isn't recognized since the VZW .97 is same as your USC .97

You'd have to first downgrade to a prior OS, then upgrade again, if you want VZW .97
    02-27-08 06:44 AM
    My free memory right now is almost 17 MB. I seem to only be having major issues with BB messenger. Its just frustrating. Maybe I'll be lucky and it will just magically fix itself...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-08 09:34 AM
    if you do want the OS on there delete the vendor file and it should connect and install new OS. i think i am right about this....... since it was done with other os upgrades or reinstalls
    02-27-08 09:47 AM
    John, like Gadget said, since they both are .97 the DT Manager thinks it is the same version that's on the phone so no update will take place.
    02-27-08 09:51 AM
    yeah but if you for some odd reason want to get the vz OS. which i will try who knows.... what it will bring... worth a test why not. i guess you can revert back to a old OS then install the new one. that was what i was trying to explain saying to delete the vendor file when all is installed. but since the .97 is the same will it load it... or numbers have nothing to do with it...
    02-27-08 09:56 AM
    John, yes, I believe you would have to load an older OS on, the try to update to Verizon.

Also, if you are on Verizon, and updating to the Verizon .97 then you wouldn't have to delete the vendor.xml file.
    02-27-08 10:00 AM
    okay lol all these version numbers and such gets confusing at times. okay back to work for a little while...
    02-27-08 10:02 AM
    John, yes, I believe you would have to load an older OS on, the try to update to Verizon.

Also, if you are on Verizon, and updating to the Verizon .97 then you wouldn't have to delete the vendor.xml file.
    Yuppers... Correct on both accounts Pete

Yes, an update/upgrade isn't recognized since the VZW .97 is same as your USC .97

You'd have to first downgrade to a prior OS, then upgrade again, if you want VZW .97
    02-27-08 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD